Bond Arms derringer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bond Arms derringer

I bought my wife a derringer just to have one in her collection, she keeps it where it belongs - in the jewelry box.

A snubbie revolver is a better choice.

Fuzzy likes the wife's derringer, it's about the right size for him:

Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

Boston T. Party told me that a derringer is something you'd lend to someone without a gun, sort of like the bad ties they lend you in a nice restaurant.

Derringers are hard to cock, hard to shoot, inaccurate, and underpowered (no matter what caliber).

I guess a derringer would be better than no gun, but I'd take an good .22 LR mouse gun over a derringer. But would MUCH rather carry a snubbie .357 or a Ruger LCP semi-auto .380.

MWD

4. True enough, but he said he doesn't want it for the self defense aspect of it, he wants it because its cool - he has self defense weapons. Any excuse to buy a new firearm is a good one, its like buying power tools or fishing lures :) I was at Bass Pro the other day buying a quail hunting outfit and the salesman said, "You know, there's nothing in this store that you really need." With that I had to respectfully disagree!

They are cool. But not fun to shoot. We've put maybe 30 rd through ours. But it looks nifty.

MWD

Quote Originally Posted by RightArmOfWyoming View Post
    They are cool. But not fun to shoot. We've put maybe 30 rd through ours. But it looks nifty.

MWD
    I had one in .45 acp., exceptional quality for a derringer. But you're right, not fun to shoot.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Hey Dr. Dave: Your comments are right on. There is no really logical reason for needing a house full of guns just like there is no logical reason for needing those extra fishing rods, cameras, power tools etc etc. Somewhere the logic of self defense mixes with hobby/collecting just like it does with fishing and photography. If you can and you want and it is legal have at it. Two years ago I had never in my 68 years ever even touched a firearm. I then decided to purchase a 38 for home defense based on a look at Washington DC and the idiocy emanating from there. Two years later, I have my 38, (2) 22 pistols, a shotgun, and a 380 pocket gun--did I need them all?---probably not. Did I want them all?--yup

8. Thanks, Kel. i am reminded of a letter to the editor of Automobile magazine several years ago. The guy wrote, "Why do we need Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches that can go 150mph? That's crazy! Everyone knows that speed kills! It's insane!".

The editor's reply was priceless: "You sad little man - Ed".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12