Shotguns for Dept. of Education, Is it True?

Thread: Shotguns for Dept. of Education, Is it True?

Blog Entries

Shotguns for Dept. of Education, Is it True?

I just received this, Is it true?

Department of Education buys shotguns
    The Department of Education has placed an official request for bids to fill an order of 27 tactical shotguns.

That’s not a typo, the Department of Education is buying riot shotguns.

The full purchase order is available online, here.

The U.S. Department of Education (ED) intends to purchase twenty-seven (27) REMINGTON BRAND MODEL 870 POLICE 12/14P MOD GRWC XS4 KXCS SF. RAMAC #24587 GAUGE: 12 BARREL: 14? – PARKERIZED CHOKE: MODIFIED SIGHTS: GHOST RING REAR WILSON COMBAT; FRONT – XS CONTOUR BEAD SIGHT STOCK: KNOXX REDUCE RECOIL ADJUSTABLE STOCK FORE-END: SPEEDFEED SPORT-SOLID – 14? LOP are designated as the only shotguns authorized for ED based on compatibility with ED existing shotgun inventory, certified armor and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

The Department of Education has joined the Internal Revenue Service in a disturbing trend of government bureaucracies arming their employees.

Do you think the Department of Education should purchase shotguns? Log on the National Association for Gun Rights Blog and voice your opinion.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    I just received this, Is it true?

Department of Education buys shotguns
    The Department of Education has placed an official request for bids to fill an order of 27 tactical shotguns.

That’s not a typo, the Department of Education is buying riot shotguns.

The full purchase order is available online, here.

The U.S. Department of Education (ED) intends to purchase twenty-seven (27) REMINGTON BRAND MODEL 870 POLICE 12/14P MOD GRWC XS4 KXCS SF. RAMAC #24587 GAUGE: 12 BARREL: 14? – PARKERIZED CHOKE: MODIFIED SIGHTS: GHOST RING REAR WILSON COMBAT; FRONT – XS CONTOUR BEAD SIGHT STOCK: KNOXX REDUCE RECOIL ADJUSTABLE STOCK FORE-END: SPEEDFEED SPORT-SOLID – 14? LOP are designated as the only shotguns authorized for ED based on compatibility with ED existing shotgun inventory, certified armor and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

The Department of Education has joined the Internal Revenue Service in a disturbing trend of government bureaucracies arming their employees.

Do you think the Department of Education should purchase shotguns? Log on the National Association for Gun Rights Blog and voice your opinion.

I don't find it odd that the IRS is purchasing firearms. They have armed LEO that use the firearms in the course of their duties.

As for the US Department of Education purchases, it might be for educational purposes. For all we know, they're putting together some tactical firearms training classes.

All kidding aside, if the US Department of Education is putting together some kind of security team to make our schools safer, I'm all for it. If it's for some other reason, then they should be stopped.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I cannot think of any reason the dept. of Education should need shotguns!

Quote Originally Posted by DougG View Post
    I cannot think of any reason the dept. of Education should need shotguns!
    Oh, I can as a retired LEO. How many school shootings occur? How many people are mad at the government and know only one way to solve the problem?

Do you know how large the US. Department of Education building is? Do you know how many LARGE office buildings there are? Now how many Security personnel do you think they have to guard very large government buildings, and how do you think they equip their response teems until Barney Fife can get there? The SMALL amount of shotguns they are ordering are not being issued to kindergarten teachers. Unless you know how security is dealt with in Wash D.C. post 911, I wouldn't second guess. I don't know why terrorists havn't attacked schools already like in Russia. Are you against your schools being protected, or just having police clean up afterwards?
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

I can't think of a reason for the Dept. of Education.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    I can't think of a reason for the Dept. of Education.
    +1. The only reason is to have a tool to indoctrinate the kids. If all the kids were allowed to be home schooled or taught in private schools where would they get people brain washed enough to vote for the Usurper and his minions?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

riot guns

to all,

IF this is FACTUAL & NOT a practical joke, i'd bet that i know what/who the shotguns are for.

the US Dept of ED has a FEW "special agents" (they are sworn in as Special Deputy US Marshals) in their IG shop. - 27 sounds about right, for the number of agents.

yours, TN46