Anyone interested in firearms training in Hawaii? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in training in Hawaii?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would be interested.

2 7.41%
  • No, I wouldn't be interested.

14 51.85%
  • Maybe, I would like more info on what you have to offer.

9 33.33%
  • There are already too many training facilities, no need for another one.

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone interested in firearms training in Hawaii?

I'd participate. Life is short: do some good, have some fun, meet some neat people...yeah, I'm in.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    What are you thinking GF? You know that this chior is going to be in approval. I told the Wiphe about your post and before I got done reading, She said go and Help him with what ever he needs... Good Luck
    I was vacationing on the Big Island over the weekend and saw an abundance of under utilized land. I've been working on opening an indoor range on Oahu for the last few months and have been running into a lot of roadblocks. Being that the Big Island is a different county, and therefore different set of rules regarding land use and zoning, I thought about redirecting my efforts. I've currently got several investors who were interested in the indoor range on Oahu. I've talked to most of them and they feel that a full scale tactical training facility on the Big Island would be even better. I'm working on the details of cost, zoning and finding an ideal location.

I'm thinking that if we were to offer activities for the whole family (child care, activities for non-shooting spouses, etc.) it would be an easier sell on the not so enthusiastic spouse.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I was vacationing on the Big Island ~~... I've currently got several investors who were interested in the indoor range on Oahu. I've talked to most of them and they feel that a full scale tactical training facility on the Big Island would be even better. I'm working on the details of cost, zoning and finding an ideal location.

I'm thinking that if we were to offer activities for the whole family (child care, activities for non-shooting spouses, etc.) it would be an easier sell on the not so enthusiastic spouse.

gf
    Draw a line west to east from Kona to Hilo and there's nothing but cattle country. It would be a cool spot near Waimea, about 15/20 miles inland from the tourist trap of Waikoloa Village. There's a "Mom n Pop" Home cooking restaurant in that little town that had the BEST Steaks! Weather there was great as well.. Always sunny
    Semper Fi

5. I vote - Maybe, I would like more info on what you have to offer.

Ha, I was born in Oahu, Hawaii. I am curious what you have offer firearm training.
    NRA Life Member

6. I vote no. Their gun laws are too far gone. Give hawaii back to Japan and cut our losses. But, If you decide not to give Hawaii back, Sure, Ill come train for you.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    I vote no. Their gun laws are too far gone. Give hawaii back to Japan and cut our losses. But, If you decide not to give Hawaii back, Sure, Ill come train for you.
    Part of the reason why I'm setting this up in Hawaii was due to feedback I received from a few instrumental state legislators. Word is that if we can get some kind of training facility going, it would give my arguments to change the laws a lot more teeth. So far change is coming along, but WAY too slowly.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

wolfhunter Guest
    I'm in favor of more training, anywhere. If having a training center can help sway opinions concerning the state's CCW laws, I say this is a bonus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12