Anyone interested in firearms training in Hawaii?

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in training in Hawaii?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would be interested.

2 7.41%
  • No, I wouldn't be interested.

14 51.85%
  • Maybe, I would like more info on what you have to offer.

9 33.33%
  • There are already too many training facilities, no need for another one.

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in firearms training in Hawaii?

Anyone interested in firearms training in Hawaii?

I'm testing the waters here to see if the members of USACarry.com would be interested in training in Hawaii. I see the need for a training facility that would offer training at all levels from beginner to advanced firearms training. The facility will offer basic as well as advanced NRA courses, and will offer other types of "tactical" as well as "practical" training.

I've found that most people get their CC training, which isn't usually adequate for doing things like securing their homes or businesses. With all of the things going on in the world, I'd like to see more people getting quality training at an affordable price.

Another thing I've noticed is that there are a lot of husbands, boyfriends, brothers, etc. who attempt to train their wives, girlfriends, sisters, etc. how to shoot. In my experience, this is usually not the best way to introduce women to firearms. I've got a few programs that I've been using that have been designed with the female shooter in mind.

I don't want to outline the entire set up at this point, as I'm still in the planning stage. I'd like your feedback and suggestions as to what you would like to see in a quality training facility in the state of Hawaii.

What better way to spend a vacation? Get some quality training, then spend the rest of your vacation checking out what Hawaii has to offer.

Thanks for your input!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

You realize you cant get a ccw in Hawaii.Not that it's not leagle,it's just no one gets them due to the police there.My son lives there [Army** and I was doing some reading on it. Not one ccw has ever been given out. just my 02.
    WOODY!
    Please Bless and Support our Troops.
    Dont Blink, 100 Years Goes Faster Than You Think...

Training, is training, Different intructors help round out training. Besides, a great excuse for you to buy the coffee....
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1960 View Post
    You realize you cant get a ccw in Hawaii.Not that it's not leagle,it's just no one gets them due to the police there.My son lives there [Army** and I was doing some reading on it. Not one ccw has ever been given out. just my 02.
    I'm well aware that it's nearly impossible to get a LTC in the PRHI. This thread isn't about getting a LTC in the state of Hawaii, it's about setting up a training facility where people can come from all over the world to train and enjoy what Hawaii has to offer.

I'm not sure where you got your info about the number of LTC being issued. I'm aware of at least 5 that were issued within the last 3 years. Don't know what your son living in Hawaii and being in the army has to do with this thread other than the fact that he may be interested in checking out such a facility.

Part of the reason why I would like to locate such a facility in the state of Hawaii is to give the government a reason to fix the currently flawed system. That's a whole different subject that would be dealt with once plans are finalized for the facility.

Thank you for your input.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I'm well aware that it's nearly impossible to get a LTC in the PRHI. This thread isn't about getting a LTC in the state of Hawaii, it's about setting up a training facility where people can come from all over the world to train and enjoy what Hawaii has to offer.

I'm not sure where you got your info about the number of LTC being issued. I'm aware of at least 5 that were issued within the last 3 years. Don't know what your son living in Hawaii and being in the army has to do with this thread other than the fact that he may be interested in checking out such a facility.

Part of the reason why I would like to locate such a facility in the state of Hawaii is to give the government a reason to fix the currently flawed system. That's a whole different subject that would be dealt with once plans are finalized for the facility.

Thank you for your input.

gf

You asked a question. I put in my 02.That is what you do on a forum.

My son was looking to get a permit while being stationed there, but from what I was able to find it is a very hard thing to do so he gave up on it.

If you think you can fix Hawaii, good luck. Way to many people in to small of area for me.
    WOODY!
    Please Bless and Support our Troops.
    Dont Blink, 100 Years Goes Faster Than You Think...

Sure, I'd come to HI and train you.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

If we travel all the way to the islands, I don't think shooting, or training will be a posiblility. I can hear my wife bi*ching now.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Sure, I'd come to HI and train you.
    I'll be doing most of the administrative stuff, so I won't be spending a lot of time on the range. You could come over and be one of the trainers, I'd love to have guest trainers from different parts of the country.

gf

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    If we travel all the way to the islands, I don't think shooting, or training will be a posiblility. I can hear my wife bi*ching now.
    The plan is to have activities for the whole family. If your wife isn't interested in firearms training, then she could check out some of the other cultural activities as well as some of the sight seeing activities that will be available.

gf

What are you thinking GF? You know that this chior is going to be in approval. I told the Wiphe about your post and before I got done reading, She said go and Help him with what ever he needs... Good Luck
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast