taurus milennium pro

Thread: taurus milennium pro

taurus milennium pro

anyone have any knowledge on the t145 or the t745? are they a good ccw and are they ma compliant? thanks.

Just bought one (PT145) last week. Haven't gotten to fire it yet but it feels great in my hand. Nice size, lighter than my Taurus .38.
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

4. Im curious on what others think Im looking at a PT145 Pro right now....

All I own are Taurus Firearms, ie.; PT25 .25acp pocket pistol, PT738 TCP .380acp pocket pistol, PT709ss 9mm & Pt145 .45acp. I also own a Taurus 617 7-shot .357mag wheelie. I alternate carrying all of them. (note); Regardless of which one I carry, I've always got the .25 in my pocket too! To answer you question truthfully from my own experiences, I've only had a couple of stovepipes with my PT145, but that was due to the cheap target ammo I was using I'm sure. I'd recommend the weapon for personal carry anytime, it's a damned fine piece!

9MM version may be better suited for Ma...

I carry the PT-145 & love it!

For a woman, I'd recommend the 9MM version (PT-247 or PT-111). I say that because I've let several women in my classes shoot my PT-145, and most of them were intimidated by the heavy recoil. When they shot my PT-111, it was much more comfortable and easier for them to control. For defense, add good quality ammo with proven stopping power.

I know that at least two women who have had a chance to try various guns, bought the 9MM as their carry piece.

I found very early that when shooting either gun, it's important to lock your wrists to prevent stovepipes.
    Dennis Young

[email protected]
    www.theshootingschool.org

NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, and Personal Protection Instructor
    Law Enforcement Force-on-Force Instructor
    ASI Certified Baton Instructor
    ASI Certified Defense Spray Instructor
    Member - National Concealed Firearms Instructors Association

i'm leaning towards the 745 cause i don't need a rail. but is it ma. compliant?

Personally, I wouldn't carry anything Taurus that my life depended on. From the postings out there, many people have had better results with Taurus then I have.

My spouse owns a Pink Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm SS .

The recoil is not so bad. However the trigger really sucks.

Once you get used to that so called trigger, I can put 10 out of 10 in the black at 21 feet.

Try as many different firearms you can. Shoot them, reload them. Get something that feels good.

My wife shoots a PT-111, the original 2000 model (not the pro). Trigger is a bit strong. It's no target pistol, but for self defense, it works and is easy to carry. I never had a malfunction after lots of range time.

Quote Originally Posted by harley05 View Post
    anyone have any knowledge on the t145 or the t745? are they a good ccw and are they ma compliant? thanks.
    I carry a PT 111 Milinium Pro and am ver happy with it.

My EDC is a PT 745 in a High Noon holster. I haven't had any problems with it.