Ever had this happen?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever had this happen?

Ever had this happen?

A few states require you to notify a homeowner that you are carrying when you are about to enter his/her home. Anyone ever been refused or requested to disarm? Even if not in a state that reuires it have any of your friends (spouses. roomies, others) that know you carry had a problem with doing so in their home or property?
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

SC requires me to notify and so far I have to say no one has asked me to leave it in my vehicle. One reason all my friends know I carry is so I don't have to tell them every time I'm over. Some of them now have or in the process of getting their CWP. If anyone ever ask me to disarm, as I walk back to my vehicle I'll tell them to call me and leave.
    Last edited by Red Hat; 01-19-2008 at 07:46 AM.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I don't have to inform here in TN. However, most people, that I would go into their home, know and I'm armed and have no problem with it.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Do you have to inform in FL? I don't really go to a lot of "new" people's houses so it hasn't come up. If I didn't have to tell them, I probably wouldn't as they shouldn't ever see it. But if someone did and had a problem with it, I wouldn't have a problem putting it in the car and then most likely not go there anymore!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Don't ask don't tell.

Duty to inform for lawful CCW in a private residence

IIRC, the only States that have a duty to inform and obtaining permission prior to entering a residence are AK (AS 11.61.220 (B)), AR (AC 5-73-306 (19)(D)), LA (LRS 40:1379.3.O) and SC. All other States are fair game.

I didn't bother to look up the SC law since I can't CCW there anyway.
    Last edited by netentity; 01-19-2008 at 02:37 PM.

As stated, here in AR we have to have premission..i've never asked thus i've never been denied..also as stated above, I too, if denied, would walk back to the car/truck after saying, "see ya, call me" etc
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

i as Red Hat live in SC. that requires notification, all my friends know I carry and have never denied or said anything to me... I guess there true friends and enjoy my company, because as Red I would leave..........
    Last edited by MufDady; 01-20-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

I don't believe in MI we have to, was not told that in the ccw class. i did have a father dropping off his child a couple of years ago ask if i had any gun's in the house, kind of odd I taught, I said nope, today if i was asked that it would be a completely different conversation.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

My dad knows that i carry, and he has asked me to take it off when i enter his home. It dosent bother me cause its my dad. As far as i know i dont have to inform anybody.
    " I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom"

~Abraham Lincoln~

I would rather die a soldier than die a coward.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast