printing question - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: printing question

1. Re: printing question

Hey, figured I'd drop you my $.02. I primarily use an underarmor/compression shirt style holster from abetterholster.com. It's really comfortable and I've carried full size (XD45 Tactical, 1911 w/rail) as well as my favorite, the Glock 30. It's comfortable as heck and doesn't print. I was sitting at a local poker game with my XD on me and after 6 hours of leaning on the table I streched and adjusted the gun, at which point my friend sitting next to me asked what I adjusted. When informed about my piece, he looked shocked and said "I couldn't tell!!"
    I've been carrying to his house for the weekly game since Feb. 18th he never saw. Good 'nuff for me.

The only downside is having to go under the primary garment or through buttons, but I figure that if I need to draw down, the ripped shirt/buttons that might result would be the least of my worries.

Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    i forgot to add that i do have a xd subcompact, but even that is starting to become a problem to get it covered up as well. so far the only thing thats really working is the fannypack. i just dont/ cant afford to buy another gun at this time seeing as i just bought the xd last month.

maybe i can trade it in for a 5 shot or somthing to the extent.
    Hold off on getting rid of the XD.

I have a XDsc and I carry it IWB "appendix" style just to the right of my zipper.
    It conceals easily and I do not have to worry about printing when bending over. I use a Fist Kydex clip on holster; it's very thin, but rigid enough to securely protect the trigger. Consider this type of carry. I find it's easier to hide the pistol than strong side IBW. The overall height of the XDsc would be my limit for this type of carry (or a Glock 27 with Pierce magazine adapter).

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Boom: "cannot be discernable through ordinary observation" means exactly what?
    I have no idea. Ask the state gub'mint of Texas; those are their words, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I cannot ever remember looking at people as I walk thru daily life examining their waist or back or stomach area as it is covered with some sort of apparel.
    While that might be true of 99% of the population, I must admit sitting at an outdoor cafe and playing "spot the gun" with a couple of fellow CC'rs. The other, more troubling group would be the BG's looking for likely victims.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

thanks to all who have tried to help with this. im getting some good feedback for you guys. keep it coming.

im now looking into a crossbreed for the xd-sc and see how that goes....

anyone who has one.. what are the pros/cons about it.. how does it feel while driving?

To me, it's somewhat of a balancing act: how to effectively conceal while at the same time being able to get to your piece fast when you have to. I'm a big guy too (6'2", 290) so anything which hangs on my belt tends to print. But, that's where I like it (and have been trained to use it), so that's where it's gonna be; I'm not much for deep concealment (and I don't have to worry about it where I live).

So, I tend to "dress for success". Love Hawaiian shirts (cool and comfy and conceal very well) and I wear a lot of vests. I've carried for years now, with no problems. Good luck to ya.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

like the title says how do you go about making sure the gun you are carrying on ur belt isnt "printing'

i carry a fullsize m&p in a blackhawk cqc holster. im 6'2 245 lbs and i cant seem to get the thing not to print no matter what i do and an iwb holster just dont work for me. im currently carring it in a fanny pack, but want to ditch the pack... any advice is more than helpful.

thank you!

does the "print factor" really matter??????
    AJ:

I too have a Blackhawk Serpa holster that is FABULOUS functionally (comfortable, easy to draw from, and I love the retention system), but IMPOSSIBLE TO CONCEAL, so I use it when I am at home.

Like BoomBoy007 I have very successfully used a Don Hume 721OT to conceal my weapons. If you have a good gun belt, this holster pulls the butt of the grip very close to your body, which helps a lot in concealment. I can easily conceal in a T-shirt and shorts, provided the hem of the shirt isn't too clingy. I also stick to dark colored shirts.

I think BoomBoy007 was also right in stating that the majority of encounters will require fewer bullets than the capacity of the weapons you have chosen. Perhaps consider a trade for a thinner, shorter-barreled weapon with less bullet capacity?

Wink One last thing!

It really can not be said often enough, AJ: Don't be too hard on yourself.

When you start carrying, you feel like EVERYONE can see what you are doing. The truth is, even when you think that you are printing, the vast majority can not or do not pay enough attention to notice.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

like the title says how do you go about making sure the gun you are carrying on ur belt isnt "printing'

i carry a fullsize m&p in a blackhawk cqc holster. im 6'2 245 lbs and i cant seem to get the thing not to print no matter what i do and an iwb holster just dont work for me. im currently carring it in a fanny pack, but want to ditch the pack... any advice is more than helpful.

thank you!

does the "print factor" really matter??????
    If you don't want to change your wardrobe, the fanny pack is about your only option with a gun that size.
    However, if you would just add Hawaiian shirts to your daily wear, you can conceal very easily. And in winter, almost any coat will work.

10. I have an XD9sc as my EDC but do not have a CB-Supertuck. I am getting a TT Gunleather IWB holster and OWB double mag pouch like these.

I do have some pics of a CB-ST for an XD9sc from another forum.

A lot of people sing the praises of the CB-ST and one day, I might be one too. I just have seen and used a really good piece of custom gun leather and for me, there is no substitute. Makers like Sparks and Rosen are famous but I personally like the work by TT Gunleather, HBE Leatherworks, Barber Leatherworks, Tucker Gunleather, Pure Kustom Holsters and many more.

Check out this link (most forums have similar links) to a variety of holster mfrs. and types.

Compiled List of Holster Makers - Glock Talk

Good luck...now clean out that spare drawer and start saving your $$.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    If you don't want to change your wardrobe, the fanny pack is about your only option with a gun that size.
    However, if you would just add Hawaiian shirts to your daily wear, you can conceal very easily. And in winter, almost any coat will work.

i had also stated that i had a subcompact xd-40 and that too on my person can still print.

looking now into a supertuck for the subcompact. i normally carry that unless going into a crapy area of town. then its the fullsize with 2 mags of 15 rounds of hst!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast