Man arrested after discharging gun inside Walmart
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man arrested after discharging gun inside Walmart

1. Man arrested after discharging gun inside Walmart

That's f'ed up, man! No playing with the firearm. I wish AZ needs to change back to old bill law for Arizonians must have license to carry concealed instead of "concealed carry without license". I assumed many young men are bragging to have open carry firearm like this. They could be discharged like him.

PD: Man arrested after discharging gun inside Walmart - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com
    Last Update: 5:27 am
    EL MIRAGE, AZ -- A west Valley Wal-Mart customer was arrested Thursday after accidentally firing a round while playing with his pistol inside the store.

El Mirage Police Department spokesman Robert Peoples said officers were dispatched to the store near Thunderbird and Dysart roads after a call came in that shots had been fired.

While officers were en route, they discovered no one had been injured and that the store manager was standing with the suspect.

Peoples said the suspect was identified as 30-year-old David Walters, of Surprise.

During the officer's investigation, witnesses said Walters entered the store carrying a semi automatic pistol in a holster.

According to witnesses, Walters continually "messed" with the gun while it was in the holster. He would reportedly holster and un-holster the gun, which made the other customers and employees nervous.

As Walters stood at the electronics counter talking to the clerk, he pulled the gun out of the holster and thumbed through some nearby magazines, Peoples said.

The clerk said she was afraid that she was about to be robbed. She notified the store manager of the situation after Walters left the counter.

Walters reportedly approached the checkout lane and while standing at the end of the counter, he pulled the gun out of his holster again.

Upon pulling the gun out of the holster, a magazine dislodged and fell on the floor.

Peoples said Walters picked up the magazine, placed it back into the gun, manipulating the gun as if loading the weapon.

While he was doing this the gun discharged and sent shots into the ceiling.

Walters was arrested and booked on six counts of endangerment, disorderly conduct and discharging a weapon within the city limits.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    According to witnesses, Walters continually "messed" with the gun while it was in the holster. He would reportedly holster and un-holster the gun, which made the other customers and employees nervous.

Walters was arrested and booked on six counts of endangerment, disorderly conduct and discharging a weapon within the city limits.
    IF the story is true, and I have no reason to doubt it...

dumb/jack ass...

He should be arrested and booked ... He should be made and example and true gun owners should support his prosecution..
    Just like we want Muslims to stand up and denounce terrorism, Responsible gun owners should denounce people who use their self protection tools in such a careless/reckless way..
    IF it is seen that gun owners support the prosecution of bad gun owners, it is less likely that legislation will be proposed to take away everyone's rights.. It creates dialog where responsible gun ownership and use can be expressed and gain support in the public eye that gun owners are not all NUTS..

Just my 2 cents.. I'm sure there will be several that disagree..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I don't disagree, Hoot. The man may have started with the RKBA, but, as far as I'm concerned, proved himself to be a fool (if the story is true), and fools lose that right. IMO, you have the right until you prove you can't handle it...and he proved that.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

i buy a lot of my ammo at Wal Mart because it is cheep and some of them are better than others. However I will say that in some of them the clientele can be pretty weird. The thought of some of them carrying a gun is scary. In others, and I can think of one in particular most of the people in there are hoods and gang bangers so it is not some place that you want to go very often and never unarmed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I wonder if he is a former DEA agent?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post

Tee Hee! I like the fact that he came from, of all places - Surprise.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Probably FBI
    F'kn Bumbling Idiots, as my wife usually says..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

"People don't have a Constitutional right to be idiots..."
    Seth Willilams

Quote Originally Posted by crystalphoto View Post
    "People don't have a Constitutional right to be idiots..."
    Seth Willilams
    I'm not sure I agree, but I've heard you can't fix stupid..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    That's f'ed up, man! No playing with the firearm. I wish AZ needs to change back to old bill law for Arizonians must have license to carry concealed instead of "concealed carry without license". I assumed many young men are bragging to have open carry firearm like this. They could be discharged like him.

PD: Man arrested after discharging gun inside Walmart - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com
    Last Update: 5:27 am
    EL MIRAGE, AZ -- A west Valley Wal-Mart customer was arrested Thursday after accidentally firing a round while playing with his pistol inside the store.

El Mirage Police Department spokesman Robert Peoples said officers were dispatched to the store near Thunderbird and Dysart roads after a call came in that shots had been fired.

While officers were en route, they discovered no one had been injured and that the store manager was standing with the suspect.

Peoples said the suspect was identified as 30-year-old David Walters, of Surprise.

During the officer's investigation, witnesses said Walters entered the store carrying a semi automatic pistol in a holster.

As Walters stood at the electronics counter talking to the clerk, he pulled the gun out of the holster and thumbed through some nearby magazines, Peoples said.

The clerk said she was afraid that she was about to be robbed. She notified the store manager of the situation after Walters left the counter.

Walters reportedly approached the checkout lane and while standing at the end of the counter, he pulled the gun out of his holster again.

Upon pulling the gun out of the holster, a magazine dislodged and fell on the floor.

Peoples said Walters picked up the magazine, placed it back into the gun, manipulating the gun as if loading the weapon.

While he was doing this the gun discharged and sent shots into the ceiling.

So just how many rounds did this yahoo shoot off? I never play with my gun or take it out when out in public. This yahoo is just what the Brady nuts and other antis need to feed the fire of disarming America.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast