What is the Cost in Your County? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the Cost in Your County?

The only thing it costs me to buy a gun in NV is a few bucks in gas to get to the store. Well I guess I also have to pay the $25 NICS fee too at time of purchase.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."--Thomas Jefferson

mojo Guest
    $100 for a lifetime carry in Indiana........no classes required unless thats changed since I got mine a few years back.

Knox County,TN.
    Knox County Sheriffs Dept.-- Hand Gun Permit Saftey Course was $85.00
    Permit Fee $115.00
    total was $200.00
    After our saftey class, we take paperwork to motor vehicle fill out more paper work.Show our birth certifate,photo ID. We pay $115.00 get a code # go get finger printed.They have roughly 90 days to contact us has to an approval or let us know there an issuel Any time before the 90 day you should get your permit if there no issues.
    Hubby & I both got ours just short of 8 wks!

Afterwards we pay $50.00 every 4 yrs for renewals

5. Average price of Basic Pistol class is $100... and 4-year permit is $100. A notary for all the paperwork is about $10. Then you have to get photos and get fingerprints, etc.... if you want to include gas and stuff like that, add about $40 on the high side. So not counting gun costs or ammo costs... it's about $240, good for 4 years.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. - Author Unknown ----------- Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. - Morticia Addams

There is no such thing here ...either with the county or the state.

The only fees related to guns, is for handling your CC application and license if you apply for one.

Nor, should there be. Looks like some of your local Govt's found a way to take some of you along for a ride.... and get some $$$$.

Grays Harbor County, WA State no classes required, just $55 for 5 year CC licence.

for me and my gf in texas it was $75 for the class then $140 to send in to get the licence. total plus ammo for class was about $250 all together.

licence is good for 7 or 10 years i believe

He's not talking about a CC license.... he's talking about getting approval and a license required by some areas to even buy a gun at all.... and the specific gun must be registered with them.

10. Quote Originally Posted by eagleks View Post
    He's not talking about a CC license.... he's talking about getting approval and a license required by some areas to even buy a gun at all.... and the specific gun must be registered with them.
    So sorry, I totally misunderstood the question.

In our area...

No license to buy a gun, except a driver's license.
    No fees.
    No waiting, if their computers are working and they can pull up your information, and it's all good. Used to be three days, but last December I went to buy myself a new pistol, and walked out the door with it in less than 30 minutes.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. - Author Unknown ----------- Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. - Morticia Addams

Here in southern Virginia I have had a CCW permit for the past 20 years or so. All I needed was proof of training with a firearm (worked for the DOC, no cost), went to Clerk of the Circuit Court and got application (no cost), took completed application to Sheriff's office (they did background check, fingerprints and processed paperwork (cost added into total of $50). Permit was mailed to me in a week or so. Total cost: $50 for five years.

To renew an application is filled out in the Clerk's office and they mail it out in a week or so. Cost is still the same for five years.

To buy a firearm there is a $2 fee for a background check from a dealer, other than that there is no fees or paperwork and no permit is required.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast