2 new toy's Leinad DD 45lc 3in 11in 45/410
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 new toy's Leinad DD 45lc 3in 11in 45/410

2 new toy's Leinad DD 45lc 3in 11in 45/410

Hi all a saw these and had to have them both I ordered them I'm waiting from them to get here..
    I just thought they were neat looking not sure what use they are.
    I'm wondering if the 11in would be legal to carry or even the 3in because they shoot .410 or .45
    but from my understanding shot guns are not legal to carry I'm in Florida so I need to check into it..

Does anyone have these if so how are they do you like them??

I am not an attorney and don't play one on the radio. Having said that, if there is rifling in the barrels they are legal. If the barrel is smooth they are not legal unless accompanied by the proper tax stamp. That's federal, you need to check your state rules.

I have seen some of these and they had rifling. So even though they will take a .410 shotgun shell they are still classified as pistols, not short barreled shotguns.

Dam i want one of each my self

Quote Originally Posted by NMHunter View Post
    I am not an attorney and don't play one on the radio. Having said that, if there is rifling in the barrels they are legal. If the barrel is smooth they are not legal unless accompanied by the proper tax stamp. That's federal, you need to check your state rules.

I have seen some of these and they had rifling. So even though they will take a .410 shotgun shell they are still classified as pistols, not short barreled shotguns.
    I could be wrong and I am no expert on all of the ATF laws. Having said that, I think it depends on how these are classified. If they are considered handguns and registered as handguns then they are legal without a tax stamp. These are no different then the .410/45LC Judge. If you bought them from a dealer then they should be able to tell you if they are considered handguns.

As far as carrying these if Florida, you are good to go. Florida issues CWP's or concealed weapons permits. So if it's legal for you to own it and you can conceal it you can carry it.

Hope this helps.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

wolfhunter Guest

Talking

NMHunter has it right. Rifled barrel makes it a handgun. Smooth bore makes it "All Other Weapons" (AOW), and would require a tax stamp.

This is the AOW I want:
    Attachment 477

The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg Cruiser 12-gauge shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip. Because of this, the SUPER-SHORTY is considered an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and can be transferred with a $5 stamp! The gun holds two 2-3/4" or 3" (if you like pain) shells in the magazine, plus one in the chamber. The 16.5" overall length, 6.5" barrel and spring-loaded foregrip, which pivots out of the way when not in use, make for a very compact package.
    If you like the idea of concealed carry with a 12-gauge, or like a lot of "bang" in a small package, or just like a lot of muzzle flash, then this is the gun for you.

(NOTE: Not available in CA and some other states. Federal background check required.)

"If you bought them from a dealer then they should be able to tell you if they are considered handguns."

Thanks Wolfhunter.

Loeffler's Guns, Etc.
    825 W. Santa Fe Ave.
    Grants, NM 87020

That's me.

Quote Originally Posted by NMHunter View Post

I got them today and both barrels in both guns have rifling in them so they are good to go..

The guy at the gun shop told me it was like the Taurus judge it also shoots .45 and .410

I had asked him if they were legal carry weapons and not just sawed of .410 shotgun's.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    NMHunter has it right. Rifled barrel makes it a handgun. Smooth bore makes it "All Other Weapons" (AOW), and would require a tax stamp.

This is the AOW I want:
    Attachment 477

The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg Cruiser 12-gauge shotgun...

If you like the idea of concealed carry with a 12-gauge, or like a lot of "bang" in a small package, or just like a lot of muzzle flash, then this is the gun for you.

(NOTE: Not available in CA and some other states. Federal background check required.)
    Just as an FYI to some of the other folks here, in many states concealable firearms have a specific definition. This would not be legal for concealed carry in SC, as it is more than 12" long.

SECTION 23-31-210. Definitions.
    (6) “Concealable weapon” means a firearm having a length of less than twelve inches measured along its greatest dimension that must be carried in a manner that is hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing except when needed for self defense, defense of others, and the protection of real or personal property.

12" is a common limit in many states, 16" in some others. I do not believe Florida has a limit and basically says "If you can conceal it, you can carry it." But I have not verfified this beyond reading the laws, here:

790.001 Definitions.--As used in this chapter, except where the context otherwise requires:
    (2) "Concealed firearm" means any firearm, as defined in subsection (6), which is carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the firearm from the ordinary sight of another person.
    (6) "Firearm" means any weapon (including a starter gun) which will, is designed to, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; the frame or receiver of any such weapon; any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; any destructive device; or any machine gun. The term "firearm" does not include an antique firearm unless the antique firearm is used in the commission of a crime.

10. Cool new toys, enjoy!

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Just as an FYI to some of the other folks here, in many states concealable firearms have a specific definition. This would not be legal for concealed carry in SC, as it is more than 12" long.

SECTION 23-31-210. Definitions.
    (6) “Concealable weapon” means a firearm having a length of less than twelve inches measured along its greatest dimension that must be carried in a manner that is hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing except when needed for self defense, defense of others, and the protection of real or personal property.

12" is a common limit in many states, 16" in some others. I do not believe Florida has a limit and basically says "If you can conceal it, you can carry it." But I have not verfified this beyond reading the laws, here:

790.001 Definitions.--As used in this chapter, except where the context otherwise requires:
    (2) "Concealed firearm" means any firearm, as defined in subsection (6), which is carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the firearm from the ordinary sight of another person.
    (6) "Firearm" means any weapon (including a starter gun) which will, is designed to, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; the frame or receiver of any such weapon; any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; any destructive device; or any machine gun. The term "firearm" does not include an antique firearm unless the antique firearm is used in the commission of a crime.
    Your comments match my understanding of the laws. On the other side, I remember reading one state has a rule against concealing any weapon over 6 feet long. Personally, if you can conceal a 6 foot long weapon, I won't be arguing with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast