Verifying NRA Credentials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verifying NRA Credentials

Verifying NRA Credentials

I've searched all over the place, not just on USA Carry, and cannot find a way to verify NRA Instructor Credentials aside from calling the NRA training department. Does anyone know of a way to verify an instructor's credentials based on their NRA instructor number?
    thanks!
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act!" -- George Orwell
    ------------
    There is nothing more persuasive than a red dot on somebody's forehead (aside from the sound of a shotgun chambering a round).

3. Quote Originally Posted by uspshooter View Post
    I've searched all over the place, not just on USA Carry, and cannot find a way to verify NRA Instructor Credentials aside from calling the NRA training department. Does anyone know of a way to verify an instructor's credentials based on their NRA instructor number?
    thanks!
    I do not believe so. I give a copy of my instructor card to every student I teach.

One additional detail that may help you. An NRA instructor cannot order student materials unless they are active instructors.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

wolfhunter Guest
    So any instructor with NRA student materials is either current or using up his stockpile.

5. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    So any instructor with NRA student materials is either current or using up his stockpile.
    Precisely sir.
    Retired US Army Medic
    www.nationofshooters.com

Calling the NRA Training Department would be the best way to verify credentials. They may be able to help you by email if you had specific questions about a specific instructor.

Training materials are SUPPOSED to be ordered through the NRA. Reason why I say "SUPPOSED to" is due to the fact that I know of at least 3 sources that will sell the material to just about anyone with a credit card.

Your best bet in verifying the credentials of just about ANY organization would be to contact the issuing organization directly.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

How to verify NRA instructor credentials

!) Ask for their NRA Instructor credentials card and membership card - the number should be the same.
    2) They should have a certificate (8x11) from the NRA as well listing the disciplines the instructor is qualified to teach.= with the expiration date on it.
    3) If still you require more verification, cal the NRA Instructors division and ask for verification of the name on their government ID (Drivers license) to match the NRA certificate card - if valid, they should match. If expired, they will tell you so.

Trusted Gunny, NRA Certified Instructor
    Law Enforcement
    Basic Pistol
    Basic Shotgun
    Personal Protection in the Home

Instructor

https://nra.org/Training/instructorLogin.aspx

type in instructor number (which is the same as the NRA number) and the instructors zip and it will verify the credentials and all the discipliness they are endorsed for. I wouldn't necessarily recommend giving this to all your students but if needed it is here. I print it out and give to studentss each class. Looks more official than just my card.
    NRA Certified Instructor, Vietnam Veteran
    XD 9 MM, XD 40, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 5.25 Custom Canyon Creek 9 mm, XDM 9MM, XDM 40 Canyon Creek XDM Limited, CZ 75B, Ruger MIII, Buckmark, Beretta Neos, CX4 Storm

Quote Originally Posted by speak2u View Post

type in instructor number (which is the same as the NRA number) and the instructors zip and it will verify the credentials and all the discipliness they are endorsed for. I wouldn't necessarily recommending giving this to all your students but if needed it is here. I print it out and give to studentss each class. Looks more official than just my care.
    This is exactly the type of helpful explicit information that makes this such a great site. So...thanks to you for being an NRA instructor, a Vietnam Veteran, and thanks to the NRA.
    MOLON LABE

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Calling the NRA Training Department would be the best way to verify credentials. They may be able to help you by email if you had specific questions about a specific instructor.

Training materials are SUPPOSED to be ordered through the NRA. Reason why I say "SUPPOSED to" is due to the fact that I know of at least 3 sources that will sell the material to just about anyone with a credit card.

Your best bet in verifying the credentials of just about ANY organization would be to contact the issuing organization directly.

gf
    I agree with you sir, Calling is probably the best source.
    Retired US Army Medic
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by speak2u View Post

type in instructor number (which is the same as the NRA number) and the instructors zip and it will verify the credentials and all the discipliness they are endorsed for. I wouldn't necessarily recommend giving this to all your students but if needed it is here. I print it out and give to studentss each class. Looks more official than just my card.
    speak2u, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for! I've even signed on here to verify they had my credentials right, jeez. Talk about forest for the trees syndrome.

Regards
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act!" -- George Orwell
    ------------
    There is nothing more persuasive than a red dot on somebody's forehead (aside from the sound of a shotgun chambering a round).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast