I told you so.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I told you so....

This HAS resurfaced and with that witch Hillary Clinton as Sec. of State they have revived this and Obama and his outlaw regime has told the other criminals at the UN that they will push to ratify it. I firmly believe that if this is pushed and they try to disarm the American citizenry it will result in an all out war that will either free us or kill us. If it was to happen.....what would YOU do? This is NOT an old issue, unfortunately it is all too CURRENT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan View Post
    require a 2/3 vote in the senate for ratification.

He can sign what he wants, but it will never pass into law.
    My dad knows a U.S. Senator. I can assure you that this statement is true. There is simply no way this bill will EVER make it through Congress.

Hey people - read the article. It has nothing to do with the rights of Americans to bear arms. It's about international sales of military weapons and equipment. So unless you're gonna get PO'd because you won't be able to buy several hundred Russian tanks or a squadron of German fighter-bombers, you shouldn't worry about it.

Stop with the Chicken Little act.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Hey people - read the article. It has nothing to do with the rights of Americans to bear arms. It's about international sales of military weapons and equipment. So unless you're gonna get PO'd because you won't be able to buy several hundred Russian tanks or a squadron of German fighter-bombers, you shouldn't worry about it.

Taint Chicken little go to the links and have a read, this is a very real threat. So you guys can and snicker and Te hee all you want but the National Association for Gun Rights is taking this as a very real and serious threat, click the link and have a read, they have more than one source for this rationale such as Congressman Paul Broun. Or you can just close your eyes and hope it never happens....

Disguised as legislation to help in the fight against “terrorism,” “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates,” the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty is nothing more than a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.

If passed by the U.N. and ratified by the U.S. Senate, the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:

•Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;
    •CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
    •BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;
    •Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

wolfhunter Guest
    IF this treaty were ratified, the only action required to legally deprive us of our weapons and ammo would be a declaration by the Homeland Security or State departments stating that we are "insurgents".

Just a simple announcement that the NRA, NAGR, GOA and 2AF are insurgent groups and it would be against international law for us to own, buy or sell guns and ammo.

Congressman Broun says:

Quote:
    Disguised as legislation to help in the fight against “terrorism,” “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates,” the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty is nothing more than a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.

If passed by the U.N. and ratified by the U.S. Senate, the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:

•Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;
    •CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
    •BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;
    •Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION.

And then of course he asks for money to help fight this "outrage". Sounds like a whole lot of fear-mongering by a politician looking to refill his donation plate. I'd really like the congressman to go into detail about how this treaty would "FORCE" national governments to do all the things he claims. Tell me....if the congressman said this treaty would prevent Americans from buying red meat on tuesdays would you believe it? He's playing on your fears.

I'm an NRA member and have been a gun enthusiast for 40+ years. The proposed legislation has NOTHING to do with the 2nd amendment. Stop drinking the political kool-aid. It's making you look foolish.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Yea...well...Mr. Obama and the UN can try all they want. The whole idea of it is almost impossible. Have you ever noticed how history has treated oppressors? The only problem is can we make it thru the gauntlet until the ones who oppress are replaced? I hope and pray we do. I still think that it would be harder to get a UN world gun ban to really be effective. Just my thoughts.

It's hard to imagine that the ObaMao white house or the UN would want to fight a war against 350 miilion guns.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post

A tank is not considered a small arm or light weapon. this is nothing but gun control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12