Texas Governor packs heat and a CHL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Governor packs heat and a CHL

JSDinTexas Guest

Texas Governor packs heat and a CHL

Gov Rick Perry took care of a coyote while on a jog with his concealed firearm, and has a concealed license.

See story here: Gov Perry shoots a coyote while jogging | KXAN.com

I just read that article before coming here to cruise the threads. That was an awesome bit of news.

Quote Originally Posted by Gov. Perry
    The governor left the coyote where it fell.

"He became mulch," Perry said.

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

Did you read some of the comments? Geezzzz... the PITA/ANTI folks blasted him for shooting the coyote! If a coyote had a bead on my chihuahua, you bet I would shoot it!!

Yeah, I caught some of those, but stopped reading after the second such comment. I'm all for not being cruel to animals and allowing that critters are just doing what they do to survive, but when it comes down to a "me (my pets included) or them" situation? Coyote'll die every time unless it gets smart and runs off.

'Course, there's always the "vermin" argument that one can make about them, as well. At one point when I was stationed at Holloman AFB, NM, they were so bad about killing pets and even attacking people in a couple of instances that a bounty was put on them. It wasn't a whole lot (I forget the amount) but they'd become such a nuisance that the state of NM was willing to pay folks to thin out their numbers.

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

JSDinTexas Guest
    I was intrigued by the pro coyote remarks too.
    Little do they know that in Texas the coyote carcass is hung on the fence out by the road to inform other ranchers there are coyotes in the area, and to be on alert.
    At one time or another, coyotes have fetched various bounties from $1 to $20 a head down here.

I too love animals and I feel sorry for the loss of habitat for many animals due to urban sprawl but I do not feel sorry enough for them to stand by and let one kill me or my pets. I would also feel the same way about a two legged animal that attacked. By the way I would bet the real reason the governor carries is because of the two legged vermin and not snakes or other animals.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I don't hunt because, personally, I don't see the need for me to kill an animal for sport. I'm neither amused nor entertained by it, I won't butcher it to eat it, and don't want pelts, hides, whatever else. While I don't do it, I don't have a problem with anyone who does. That said, I've shot numerous coyotes around my house. With two women and three dogs, I don't take any chances on anything being a predator, be it one with two legs or four.

9. I hard this on the radio today on my way to work. The person on the radio really built up the fact he was RUNNING WITH A GUN, LASER, AND HOLLOW POINTS and keep referring to the coyote as a Wile Coyote. What a maroon.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    I hard this on the radio today on my way to work. The person on the radio really built up the fact he was RUNNING WITH A GUN, LASER, AND HOLLOW POINTS and keep referring to the coyote as a Wile Coyote. What a maroon.
    And They vote........
    Semper Fi

11. I'm just surprised that he doesn't carry with one in the chamber. He said he took his weapon out and "charged" it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast