Opinion Time: Taurus TCP vs. Ruger LCP - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Opinion Time: Taurus TCP vs. Ruger LCP

1. I talked with a local dealer in South Carolina. We agreed on 1 point. When you rack the slide on these little guns, you have to sling shot the slide. You can't ride the slide.

When in the market for a "BUG" the P3AT and the LCP were tied on reviews found on the web. After handling dozens of guns, for fit and feel, and still not sure which to purchase, the gun store owner suggested the TCP. That was 2 yrs ago, with no regrets in purchasing this weapon. Many brands of ammo have been cycled through the weapon with an occassional failure to eject properly, ( which is easy to clear by pulling the slide back ) The best feature of this gun is the lock open slide after the last round is expended ( no guess work, which may be an advantage in a life or death situation )

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    When in the market for a "BUG" the P3AT and the LCP were tied on reviews found on the web. After handling dozens of guns, for fit and feel, and still not sure which to purchase, the gun store owner suggested the TCP. That was 2 yrs ago, with no regrets in purchasing this weapon. Many brands of ammo have been cycled through the weapon with an occassional failure to eject properly, ( which is easy to clear by pulling the slide back ) The best feature of this gun is the lock open slide after the last round is expended ( no guess work, which may be an advantage in a life or death situation )
    Dragon, my wife and I have had examples of all the guns you spoke of and we kept two TCPs, the only complaint we have had with the TCPs is the 3 or 4 hundred rds it took before i felt comfortable carrying them, (if a gun wont run like a clock I will not carry it till it does) we put 500 rds through the LCP, we really liked it but it would not straiten out, and we did not care for the Keltec, it shot ok, just didn't like it, and it had a really crappy trigger, now a couple years later we hardley ever shoot the TCPs they stay strapped in our ankle holsters, maybe run a mag through every 3 or 4 months, and they run flawless, clean them and stap them back in
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

5. I personally bought a Taurus TCP 738 and I love it! Very acurate for it's size, small and lightweight for consealability. I read other blogs and they listed several problems mine is a "C" version, and it looks like they worked out all the bugs. The only problem I had, was cheap Russian ammo would not load properly.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415