Opinion Time: Taurus TCP vs. Ruger LCP - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion Time: Taurus TCP vs. Ruger LCP

Just an update on the Brazilian hit squad that Taurus sent after me when I complained to their customer service:

The 30 of them showed up at my house last night. Fortunately they were all armed with Taurus products. In unison they all pulled their triggers. It sounded like I had a serious cricket problem, what with all the clicks I was hearing. You guessed it - all their weapons failed. I stepped forward armed only with my trusty LCP. With fear in their eyes and terror in their voices they screamed "Ruger!!!" and fled to the nearest police station to surrender.

The End.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Here are a few snippets from Ed's last post I'd like to address:

First, when you said Ruger replaced the slide, you mentioned nothing about having to pay for it. Making more stuff up are you?? As I mentioned before, when referring to this problem in later posts you claim that you "got nothing" from Ruger and that they "blew you off". Please explain these contradictions, Ed. I asked you to do that before but you seemed to have chosen not too.

Secondly, I don't think Ruger is infallible....just that they're better than Taurus. That's my own personal experience as well as others I know. Again, you're putting words in my mouth just to fit you rather weak and dubious argument.

Thirdly, I have never claimed to be an expert on guns or even close. I've used phrases like "solid but unpectacular" and "nothing special" to describe my abilities with firearms. I AM however, an expert when it comes to my own experiences, and that's what I'm basing my opinion on, not some concocted story that keeps changing as you have done.

I currently own 10 firearms. 2 are Rugers. The other 8 are from 7 different manufacturers. I'm hardly a slave to Ruger as you'd like to think. Your earlier personal attacks on me (calling me a racist, questioning my sexuality, implying that I'm a fool for buying a Ruger) are a clear sign that you find it difficult to support you point of view and have resorted to childish tactics in an effort to "win". Well my friend, it seems you've brought a pea shooter to an artillery duel.
    LOL Really? I think you think more of your own opinion than is warranted but thats your right. LOL. I sold over 50 guns last year out of my private collection and rid myself of 2 safes. I am down to one and have sold off several thousand rounds of ammo due to people paying more than reasonable prices.

As far as your personal attacks they mean less than nothing to me. I know what a Taurus is and I am not a Taurus first and formost fan. They make a good gun for the most part and have no more or less problems on avg. than Ruger or other manufactures.

I am a Smith, Colt, Walther man for collecting. My 99% Colt 1943 I purchased from the wife of a Col. who passed on is my most prized gun, the Sharps 1863 New Model I sold was a prize but I am sick of safe queens and needed to sell a few off. I have currently only two Tarurus the 709 and the TCP, both good guns.

I think you are taken with your whit that is more hyperbole than reality. LOL. Enjoy your Rugers, I enjoy mine. I sold a Colt Anaconda and kept the Ruger Redhawk because I could get 1100 out of the Colt and only 375 out of the Ruger, the value for shooting was with the Ruger, the collector value is never with a Ruger. A few of the old models go for a bit more, but I would not pay it. Ruger will not be collectabel to me for 100 years. See ya scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by edteach View Post
    LOL Really? I think you think more of your own opinion than is warranted but thats your right. LOL. I sold over 50 guns last year out of my private collection and rid myself of 2 safes. I am down to one and have sold off several thousand rounds of ammo due to people paying more than reasonable prices.

As far as your personal attacks they mean less than nothing to me. I know what a Taurus is and I am not a Taurus first and formost fan. They make a good gun for the most part and have no more or less problems on avg. than Ruger or other manufactures.

I am a Smith, Colt, Walther man for collecting. My 99% Colt 1943 I purchased from the wife of a Col. who passed on is my most prized gun, the Sharps 1863 New Model I sold was a prize but I am sick of safe queens and needed to sell a few off. I have currently only two Tarurus the 709 and the TCP, both good guns.

I think you are taken with your whit that is more hyperbole than reality. LOL. Enjoy your Rugers, I enjoy mine. I sold a Colt Anaconda and kept the Ruger Redhawk because I could get 1100 out of the Colt and only 375 out of the Ruger, the value for shooting was with the Ruger, the collector value is never with a Ruger. A few of the old models go for a bit more, but I would not pay it. Ruger will not be collectabel to me for 100 years. See ya scooter.
    Well Ed, once again you have dodged my question asking for you to explain your constantly changing stories. Not a surprise. Your silence on this matter speaks volumes. Your stories with regards to Ruger's and Taurus' customer service are about as believable as my story about the Brazilian hit men. At least mine was obviously satire. Yours......well let's just say you should go back and read what you've previously posted before you decide to get "creative" with your claims.

In spite of what you say I have never leveled any personal attacks against you or any other Taurus owner for owning one of their guns. Go back and look....I actually encouraged you to stick with what you like and go with what you know. I have only criticized the company and its products. Never anyone for buying a Taurus.

You on the other hand spew personal insults left and right. You've degraded yourself with your sophmoric put-downs and childish rhetoric. Feel free to have the last word. Although I've enjoyed shredding your claims I feel as though this tet-a-tet has run it's course. Best of luck to you and enjoy all your firearms.

5. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Well Ed, once again you have dodged my question asking for you to explain your constantly changing stories. Not a surprise. Your silence on this matter speaks volumes. Your stories with regards to Ruger's and Taurus' customer service are about as believable as my story about the Brazilian hit men. At least mine was obviously satire. Yours......well let's just say you should go back and read what you've previously posted before you decide to get "creative" with your claims.

In spite of what you say I have never leveled any personal attacks against you or any other Taurus owner for owning one of their guns. Go back and look....I actually encouraged you to stick with what you like and go with what you know. I have only criticized the company and its products. Never anyone for buying a Taurus.

You on the other hand spew personal insults left and right. You've degraded yourself with your sophmoric put-downs and childish rhetoric. Feel free to have the last word. Although I've enjoyed shredding your claims I feel as though this tet-a-tet has run it's course. Best of luck to you and enjoy all your firearms.
    Scooter you have just so shredded me so well, wait no you havenít. I guess you are a legend in your own mind. You use the same dismissive rhetorical devices you accuse me of using then stand on your grand soap box beating your chest as a victim as you cry out how you hold the moral high ground. Give me a break scooter.

You obviously want to put people who disagree with you in their place or you would not keep responding to this post. I think you are a control freak that has to be the authority on all issues. If anyone is sophomoric its your arguments. I had a problem with this item and its bad. Then you defend an item that has been riddled with as many problems and documented so as the item you rip apart. You are a fraud and are more interested in trying to teach someone a lesson for daring to argue with you than to make any real point.

I also think you watch to much Law and Order as you think yourself some kind of pseudo detective or attorney. LOL

Your brand loyalty goes beyond good sense, and boarders on delusional behavior. You seem to identify yourself like a 11th grader who has gotten his first car and Chevy or Ford or what ever it is, is just the best car in the whole world and all others are just crap as you put on your Chevy or Ford cap, tee shirt and belt buckle. I bet you have a Ruger hat, Ruger Belt buckle and Ruger shirt and coat. I bet you got that 20% off of the over priced sports wear and are damn proud of it. How about it scooter, did I hit the nail on the head? LMFAO

Enjoy those Ruger duds Scooter. LOL

USA Carry members have spoken!

On the "Concealed Carry Discussion" in the thread "What's The Most Popular Concealed Carry Handgun on USA Carry", the LCP was far more popular than the TCP. The score:

Ruger LCP - 29 votes
    Taurus TCP - 2 votes

Kind of like "Ask the Audience" on Who Wants to be a Millionaire

The LCP by itself had far more votes than all the Tauruses combined (29-19). The Ruger finished 2nd overall to the Colt 1911 (35 votes).

7. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post

On the "Concealed Carry Discussion" in the thread "What's The Most Popular Concealed Carry Handgun on USA Carry", the LCP was far more popular than the TCP. The score:

Ruger LCP - 29 votes
    Taurus TCP - 2 votes

The LCP by itself had far more votes than all the Tauruses combined (29-19). The Ruger finished 2nd overall to the Colt 1911 (35 votes).
    HAHAHAHA Thats a good one. And all that crap proves what? Ruger good Taurus ban uggg what next trog?

HAHAHAHA That’s a good one. And all that crap proves what? Ruger good Taurus ban uggg what next trog?

First off a colt 1911 is an apple and the TCP/LCP are orange's. In almost 80% of the people will always go for the 1911 in any vote. Although a 1911 could be a CCW its not a practical gun. Its too big to carry day in and day out and in summer. A small gun like the LCP or TCP is selling well because of that fact.

I did like the child like theatrics of TADAAAAAA. I can imagine you having your family standing up and you giving out little white envelopes for play time for Bonzo. LOL

I think if you keep saying this garbage long enough you may even believe it, right brand loyal?

I have the taurus TCP and couldn't be happier. I was talked into this gun by one of the gun dealers in a store that I frequent, and now am glad he steered me in that direction. I

edteach you practiced deceit. As such I have no respect for you, nor pay any attention to your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post

Ruger LCP - 29 votes
    Taurus TCP - 2 votes

I think your voteing quotes are a bit off, and if the TCP had came out almost 2 years ahead of the LCP it would have done better in the poll, personaly I have had both, and in my opinion, the LCP I had was a real POS, I also own other Rugers which are great guns, but that LCP we had was JUNK, with FTF, FTE, and a trigger pull that seemed to be as long as the gun itself

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    I think your voteing quotes are a bit off, and if the TCP had came out almost 2 years ahead of the LCP it would have done better in the poll, personaly I have had both, and in my opinion, the LCP I had was a real POS, I also own other Rugers which are great guns, but that LCP we had was JUNK, with FTF, FTE, and a trigger pull that seemed to be as long as the gun itself
    At the time of the post my quotes were right on. More votes have been added and the count is now 34-5 in favor of the LCP. You have a valid point when you mention that the Ruger has been around longer (people have had more opportunity to buy it) although that doesn't necessarily mean that, given more time, people will automatically like the TCP. Doesn't mean they won't either. Time will tell.

Over on Gunrating.com where people give their opinions of their firearms, the LCP had only a slightly higher average rating than the TCP, but higher none the less (and no, I'm not registered on that site so I've never posted a rating )

The one thing I don't like about the Ruger is that the slide doesn't stay open after the last round in the mag. That would be nice. I don't mind the long trigger pull. I got used to it pretty quick. Not having a safety makes the long pull an added security feature.

One thing I don't give a flyin' you-know-what about when it comes to my personal protection choices are what kind of throw-in peripherals the manufacturer offers. I'll never make an important decision like this based on whether one company is going to give me an extra mag or another company is going to give me a free holster. It's all about the gun and I don't mind having to shell out a few extra $ for an accessory or two if I'm getting what I believe to be the best gun for me.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast