Im an Unarmed Secuity Guard....My Problem is...Well Read - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Im an Unarmed Secuity Guard....My Problem is...Well Read

Just wondering, how many people that have responded here actually took the time to read the Michigan law in respect to private security, what the requirements for security guards are, and when a company can arm one of their guards. If anyone has, please clarify them for me. I find that a company can provide "security guards" in one case (no license requirement for the guard himself), or "armed security police", again a different license requirement for the company. In this case, based on the limited research for the state, I wouldn't carry, and I would find a new job.

Just my opinion

Currently looking into a few different companies. I dont know what a security license is, I pretty much thought I could apply for the job and get it. But idk, Unarmed security doesnt make me feel too comfortable, although my boss said I am entitled to defend myself, so I plan to do so if the time ever comes, if a robber points one at me I plan on eliminating him/her with extreme prejudice no second thought required.
    I heard of a man who yesterday walked out of his bank after making a deposit, apparently he leaves everything except his ID in the truck. He walked out of the bank and noticed 3 black males behind him, he ignored them and didnt think much of him, they then beat him with a crowbar kick him in the face several times and then proceeded to rob him. All they got from him was a cell phone. What if that had been me after work? Thats all I have to ask myself.
    The man was released from the hospital with a broken nose enclosed concussion and a few bruised ribs earlier this morning....
    Bleh, the world is going to ***** in a heartbeat...No man should be told they cant have their firearm....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Currently looking into a few different companies. I dont know what a security license is, I pretty much thought I could apply for the job and get it. But idk, Unarmed security doesnt make me feel too comfortable, although my boss said I am entitled to defend myself, so I plan to do so if the time ever comes, if a robber points one at me I plan on eliminating him/her with extreme prejudice no second thought required.
    I heard of a man who yesterday walked out of his bank after making a deposit, apparently he leaves everything except his ID in the truck. He walked out of the bank and noticed 3 black males behind him, he ignored them and didnt think much of him, they then beat him with a crowbar kick him in the face several times and then proceeded to rob him. All they got from him was a cell phone. What if that had been me after work? Thats all I have to ask myself.
    The man was released from the hospital with a broken nose enclosed concussion and a few bruised ribs earlier this morning....
    Bleh, the world is going to ***** in a heartbeat...No man should be told they cant have their firearm....
    And how are you going to eliminate them with extreme prejudice? With your pencil?
    Why did we need to know it was black males who commited the robbery, and assult? Itstjs, it is more PC, not to mention the race, or color of any perps. Perps come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. To mention race in the manner you did, it would, in most liberal circles this would be considered as "racist" . I do not feel it was racist, you were just stating facts.

However,on this website, it is required to mention if the perps are illegal immigrants, or non-christians. It will result in pages, and pages of lively discussion.

My mistake, I didnt think of it that way. But like you said I was just stating the facts given to me. But, I respect where youre coming from.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Just an update. Since reading most of these comments, Ive started carrying my weapon in the bank solely for MY OWN defense. On warmer days where I cant stand wearing my windbreaker, I leave the gun in the car, but if its not too warm outside and I wear the windbreaker, best believe my weapon is on my hip. Im not going to let a poor decision end my life.

Just an update. Since reading most of these comments, Ive started carrying my weapon in the bank solely for MY OWN defense. On warmer days where I cant stand wearing my windbreaker, I leave the gun in the car, but if its not too warm outside and I wear the windbreaker, best believe my weapon is on my hip. Im not going to let a poor decision end my life.
    Itstjs, here is your quote:

"Back to my point and question, would YOU carry in the bank? Theres no posted signs on the building and it is not a federal institution. I could be fired if Im found to have a pistol on me, but then again, my managers carry everywhere they go, I DO have my CPL, and it is my right to defend myself. Im currently looking into getting with another security company, so that I can carry without hastle."

Is your customer (the bank) aware you have a firearm? If not, and you use your firearm on their property, justified, or not, their lawyers will be distancing themselves away from you quickly.

You are an adult. Do what you think is best.

The bank does know I have one in my car. My security company however does not. Im more nervous of the idea that if SHTF I would be the first one shot, whether I see them coming or not. Im still a civilian either way, a "courtesy officer" if you will, my understanding and what I was told in my interview is I can defend myself, kinda like what I had to do when this idoit cam into the bank, and they wouldnt cash his check because he wasnt a member at the bank. I politely asked him to step outside with me several times, he pushed me a few times and I then told him NOT to lay his hands on me again, he called me a few names and went to do it again, I grabbed his arm wrenched it behind his head and swept his legs out from beneath him and cuffed him and waited for the police to show up.
    However I wasnt in any trouble with my client or the security company, I did what my outline was to do. Im to provide the image of security, as well as the grey areas which are to control the situation the best I can, if Im put in a position to defend myself I was told to do so.
    Now if there is a robbery, and I happen to be outside, I wouldnt be the fool hardy person to step inside the bank, Id be asking for trouble. If they approached me with a weapon, and being I dont use a company vehicle, my car is an extension of my home, I have a right to possess a firearm in MY car. Now whether I use it or not is based solely on if they fire at me or not, and the distance between me and the BG. Id think I would have done what is right if I had to kill a BG. Dead people dont lie, and I dont plan on being the dead guy, or the liar.

Ill do what I believe is best when SHTF but I wont act on their request to just lock the bank doors and run behind the glass.
    Thanks for the advice.

Now it's in your car.
    I am done with this one. Take care.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123