Who has these states ccw's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has these states ccw's

I contacted oregon, they "shall issue" to anyone anywhere- you have to find the right county- and you have to go to that county in person and apply- grant county in oregon shall issue to non residents, they are pretty cool- but you have to go to grant county-

LOL SORRY TO CURSE ON HERE BUT F*CK MARYLAND- I ACTUALLY WANT TO CARRY IN MD SO I AM INCORPORATING MY BUSINESS IN MD AND GETTING A MD STATE ID- I ACTUALLY DO BUSINESS IN MD SO IT MAKES SENSE FOR ME TO DO SO, ONE OF THE GENTS AT THE STATE POLICE TOLD ME THIS WILL SUFFICE AND I WILL BE ISSUED ONCE I GET THAT DONE BECAUSE I MEET THIER REQUIREMENTS

Got my non Res Conn permit the other day. Applied for my Mass non res same time. Waiting to get called for interview in Chelsea. As far as taking course given by a Mass instructor, I don't think that is necessary if you have a permit from your home state and send in proof of your NRA basic handgun course.

Quote Originally Posted by jessepeakdotcom View Post
    I contacted oregon, they "shall issue" to anyone anywhere- you have to find the right county- and you have to go to that county in person and apply- grant county in oregon shall issue to non residents, they are pretty cool- but you have to go to grant county-
    Oregon is a shall issue state for residents only. Non-Resident is a MAY issue. Both are issued by the County Sheriff. If you are a resident then you can only apply in the county that you are the resident of. If you are a non-resident , of an ADJACENT state then you can apply to any county. However, Grant County, in Eastern Oregon has the best Sheriff going for non-resident CHL's (I have donated to his program a couple of times.

To quote the Oregon State Police Site:

A: Oregon does not recognize concealed weapons permits from any other state. If you wish to review the law you can go to: http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/166.html and read 166.291. As you can see from ORS 166.291(8) which says "The county sheriff may waive the residency requirement in subsection (1)(c) of this section for a resident of a contiguous state who has a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need," the sheriff of each county has some discretion for a resident of a contiguous state. You would need to check with the sheriffs to see what their requirements are.

Any more questions about Oregon laws?

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Got my non Res Conn permit the other day. Applied for my Mass non res same time. Waiting to get called for interview in Chelsea. As far as taking course given by a Mass instructor, I don't think that is necessary if you have a permit from your home state and send in proof of your NRA basic handgun course.
    Not so. Not only does having a permit from your home state NOT waive the requirement that your course be given by a MA certified instructor, having your home-state's permit is required in order to obtain their NR permit. IOW, it's not either/or, it's both.

Paragraph 2, 3rd page of the MA NR LTC application:
    "Photocopy of Home State License to Carry Firearms: All applicants must submit a photocopy (both sides if applicable) of their home state license to carry firearms. If your home state does not issue firearms licenses, please submit notarized documentation confirming this fact, along with a letter from their local Police Chief.

Paragraph 4, 3rd page:
    "...First time applicants must submit a copy of a recent certificate showing completion of a basic firearm safety course given in their home state or in Massachusetts. This course must have been taken with an instructor who is certified by the Colonel of the Massachusetts State Police (please ask your instructor prior to taking the course if he is certified in Massachusetts)."

BTW, notice that the top of that 3rd page states: "The following items must be received and applications must be complete before you will contacted by FRB staff to set up an appointment for final LTC processing in Chelsea, MA:" If you sent in a NRA cert. from an instructor who is not certified by MA, it's possible that you wont receive that call you're waiting for. You might want to give them a call.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Not so. Not only does having a permit from your home state NOT waive the requirement that your course be given by a MA certified instructor, having your home-state's permit is required in order to obtain their NR permit. IOW, it's not either/or, it's both.

We need to get a couple instructors here in PA MA certified....

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    We need to get a couple instructors here in PA MA certified....
    Yeah, that would save alot of headaches and misunderstanding. I'm not sure how an instructor goes about getting certified by MA (kn1080 could give some insight on that), or if there is a very high demand for a MA NR permit beyond their bordering states. I suppose if there was, there would be more certified instructors farther away from MA. One of the problems is that it is (or at least seems to be) not very widely known that the instructor must be certified by MA. When I started looking into getting a MA permit (last year), I emailed the guy I went to for my UT course (also a NRA instructor) to ask him if he was certified by MA. He was basically in the dark on the matter and admitted that it was news to him.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Yeah, that would save alot of headaches and misunderstanding. I'm not sure how an instructor goes about getting certified by MA (kn1080 could give some insight on that), or if there is a very high demand for a MA NR permit beyond their bordering states. I suppose if there was, there would be more certified instructors farther away from MA. One of the problems is that it is (or at least seems to be) not very widely known that the instructor must be certified by MA. When I started looking into getting a MA permit (last year), I emailed the guy I went to for my UT course (also a NRA instructor) to ask him if he was certified by MA. He was basically in the dark on the matter and admitted that it was news to him.

If MA made their license good for even 4 years i would think the non-resident interest would be higher.

Ill look to see if i can find out how to get MA certified...I'm not an NRA instructor...but who knows...anything can happen.

ETA: Interesting. Looks like an NRA instructor just needs to send in an application for cerification....and also looks like the NRA Basic Pistol course is universal...as it doesn't need to be MA specific...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12