Who has these states ccw's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has these states ccw's

Who has these states ccw's

Does anyone have a NON RESIDENT permit for connecticut, maine, mass, rhode island, new jersey, oregon or maryland concealed carry ... If you do let me know how easy or hard it was to get and any tips you might have to assist in getting my permit issued in those states , i just spent the week in maryland and wowie zowie, this state is ridiculous on issuing an out of state resident a permit, but i have been issued a va and pa ccw??? Let me know fellas and fellerettes

3. I Don't have one, but I expect you know this since you are asking, but MD is a MAY (corrected, Freudian slip?) issue state, and it's EXTREMELY difficult to even get a resident permit in MD. Permits are issued at the state level, not county. You would have to have a REALLY, REALLY good reason. The only person I've even head of getting a non-resident permit was a prison guard who lived out of state, but worked in a MD prison.

Now if you know the right person, well, that's a different story, but then again you wouldn't be asking would you?

Good luck!
    Last edited by marlin.357; 05-07-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: correction
    If you change anything, you've changed everything...

4. Well I have a resident Ct. permit and I'm applying for a Ma. NR permit. It doesn't look too bad, for Ma. anyway.
    The biggest problem is retaking a NRA basic course again, only with a Ma. certified instructor. That, and after you submit all your paperwork and wait, you need to go in-person to the Chelmsford PD for a final once over.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by jessepeakdotcom View Post
    Does anyone have a NON RESIDENT permit for connecticut, maine, mass, rhode island, new jersey, oregon or maryland concealed carry ... If you do let me know how easy or hard it was to get and any tips you might have to assist in getting my permit issued in those states , i just spent the week in maryland and wowie zowie, this state is ridiculous on issuing an out of state resident a permit, but i have been issued a va and pa ccw??? Let me know fellas and fellerettes

I have CT non-res. Round trip mailbox to mailbox 40 days. Even though they are technically May Issue, they seem to be Shall Issue in practice when it comes to non-residents. Debating on MA, but its $100 for a 1 year license and you have to appear in person. ME seems to be easier, Shall Issue, $60, 4 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin.357 View Post
    I Don't have one, but I expect you know this since you are asking, but MD is a shall issue state, and it's EXTREMELY difficult to even get a resident permit in MD. Permits are issued at the state level, not county. You would have to have a REALLY, REALLY good reason. The only person I've even head of getting a non-resident permit was a prison guard who lived out of state, but worked in a MD prison.

MD is MAY ISSUE

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Well I have a resident Ct. permit and I'm applying for a Ma. NR permit. It doesn't look too bad, for Ma. anyway.
    The biggest problem is retaking a NRA basic course again, only with a Ma. certified instructor. That, and after you submit all your paperwork and wait, you need to go in-person to the Chelmsford PD for a final once over.
    Think you mean Chelsea?

6. I have a mass Non-res permit.

I am a mass certified instructor.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post

Think you mean Chelsea?
    Maybe, woops.

8. Does anyone know the waiting period once you submit your app for a ccdw in Delaware?

Oregon is a MAY issue to Non-Residents ONLY for adjacent states.

Quote Originally Posted by jessepeakdotcom View Post
    Maryland does not issue Non Resident permits. Heck they don't even issue resident permits for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinokur View Post
    Maryland does not issue Non Resident permits. Heck they don't even issue resident permits for the most part.
    The same is true for NJ. May-issue in theory for both resident and non-resident, no-issue in practice. However, a bill has been introduced to change that. It's a long shot, but there is a petition you could sign in support of this change. Details HERE.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast