Motorcycle carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Motorcycle carry

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

    You carry two 9mm's on a bike? Expecting an attack by blood thirsty savages?
    With a bike, one can get out of harms way in a hurry. However, one is not in protected by glass and steel as in truck, or car. Any data, nationwide, how many motorcylists are mugged in a year?
    I just noticed your post, and feel I should inform you, because it seems your not aware that if a dude in a car wants to screw you up while on you bike, and is determined, your going to have a rough go, it has happen twice to me, lucky to get away, once on the Harley with my wife on the back, good thing the ******* only had a little pickup, but the second time was not cool at all, I had the Busa and the BG had a roush mustang, he first tryed to corner me on a off ramp, he wasn't quik enough, and for the next 10 mins thru a neghborhood, I beleve this POS was really trying to kill me, a couple of time if he was a bit braver he might have gotten to me, so I geuss in answer to your post yes if you know how to ride you most likely can get away, but what if its a women, or a older dude that dont ride like a wild man any more, or a couple on a Harley, you cannot aways get away, and dont forget the ***** holes that dont think bikes in general should even be useing the road, after the last incident a litttle over a year ago we got our permits and started carrying legaly, I know there would be legal ramifications, BUT if somebody in a car trys to INTENTIONALY run me down while on my motorcycle, they are going to get a 45 cal attitude adjustment

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    I just noticed your post, and feel I should inform you, because it seems your not aware that if a dude in a car wants to screw you up while on you bike, and is determined, your going to have a rough go, it has happen twice to me, lucky to get away, once on the Harley with my wife on the back, good thing the ******* only had a little pickup, but the second time was not cool at all, I had the Busa and the BG had a roush mustang, he first tryed to corner me on a off ramp, he wasn't quik enough, and for the next 10 mins thru a neghborhood, I beleve this POS was really trying to kill me, a couple of time if he was a bit braver he might have gotten to me, so I geuss in answer to your post yes if you know how to ride you most likely can get away, but what if its a women, or a older dude that dont ride like a wild man any more, or a couple on a Harley, you cannot aways get away, and dont forget the ***** holes that dont think bikes in general should even be useing the road, after the last incident a litttle over a year ago we got our permits and started carrying legaly, I know there would be legal ramifications, BUT if somebody in a car trys to INTENTIONALY run me down while on my motorcycle, they are going to get a 45 cal attitude adjustment
    Rocket, I rode for several years in and around oakland CA. I am well aware of what goes on. If someone wishes to hurt you while you are on a bike, it is very easy to do. I mananged to ride in and around oakland unarmed. There are times, while sitting at traffic lights I was very worried that I would not be alive to see another day. There are ways as you know, to foil, or slow down a pedestrian who has it in mind to knock you off your bike. Having a pistol would have been a great insurance policy if they mananaged to knock me off.
    I was only asking why 1911 carried two 9mm glocks. If you carry concealed, you know what packing one is about. Packing two, just doubles it all. If I were to ride again, you can bet I would have a firearm on my person.

  4. #13
    wolfhunter Guest
    Maybe two 9mms just balance better?

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Rocket, I rode for several years in and around oakland CA. I am well aware of what goes on. If someone wishes to hurt you while you are on a bike, it is very easy to do. I mananged to ride in and around oakland unarmed. There are times, while sitting at traffic lights I was very worried that I would not be alive to see another day. There are ways as you know, to foil, or slow down a pedestrian who has it in mind to knock you off your bike. Having a pistol would have been a great insurance policy if they mananaged to knock me off.
    I was only asking why 1911 carried two 9mm glocks. If you carry concealed, you know what packing one is about. Packing two, just doubles it all. If I were to ride again, you can bet I would have a firearm on my person.
    I am not a chicken ****, but I have to say the deal with the mustang chaseing me was not cool, if it happened to someone just starting to ride or less experiance, we may have ben reading about another motorcycle crash, when he tryed to run me into a wall on the off ramp and I out braked him and shot around to his left, I think he got really pissed, I informed a police detective that comes into work about this and he is the one that first suggested to get my permit, and I asked permit aside, it would be a little tough to pull a gun while on a bike and shoot it, and he said keep the weapon where you can access it with your left hand, that way you can still get on the gas if you have to, I have practiced this and thankfully have not had to really had to do this, and I never ride or do much else with less than two weapons on me

  6. #15
    I thought everybody carried two guns because we all know that a second gun is the fastest reload.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I thought everybody carried two guns because we all know that a second gun is the fastest reload.
    The average DGU, (defensive gun use) if shots are fired at all is:
    less then:
    3 shots in 3 seconds within 3 yards

    US Dept Of Justice stats are 2.5 rounds per incident with rounds fired.
    US Dept of Justice stats indicate most DGU's are resolved with no shots fired.

    Two guns? If you want to, but statistically not necessary.

    I often carry a speed loader, or a spare mag, but not always.

    I practice 2 shots COM, 1 shot head, within 3 seconds.

    HK, do you practice drawing in the full length mirror? Two guns? like Robert Deniro? or the lone ranger?

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    The average DGU, (defensive gun use) if shots are fired at all is:
    less then:
    3 shots in 3 seconds within 3 yards

    US Dept Of Justice stats are 2.5 rounds per incident with rounds fired.
    US Dept of Justice stats indicate most DGU's are resolved with no shots fired.

    Two guns? If you want to, but statistically not necessary.

    I often carry a speed loader, or a spare mag, but not always.

    I practice 2 shots COM, 1 shot head, within 3 seconds.

    HK, do you practice drawing in the full length mirror? Two guns? like Robert Deniro? or the lone ranger?
    Once again a real bright question from the king of bright questions.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. thanks for your post and suggestions. rode yesterday on the busa with my crossbreed holster/ ppk.felt comfortable while riding and didn't imprint on my jacket. if on the other hand i was packing my g-27, it would have imprinted my jacket. with some of the mentioned posts, i'll have to start drawing and shooting with my left hand

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by lawabiding_citizen View Post
    thanks for your post and suggestions. rode yesterday on the busa with my crossbreed holster/ ppk.felt comfortable while riding and didn't imprint on my jacket. if on the other hand i was packing my g-27, it would have imprinted my jacket. with some of the mentioned posts, i'll have to start drawing and shooting with my left hand
    Actually practice should include some shooting left handed unless of course you can guarantee your right hand will never be injured and out of commission.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  11. #20
    I ride a lot and what works the best for me is a 5.11 holster shirt, especially on a sport bike where I'm leaning forward. I carry a Sig 229 & a Kahr CW9 this way.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Open Carry Argument
    By Mainsail in forum Open Carry Discussion
    Replies: 611
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 04:42 PM
  2. 10 Commandments of Concealed Carry
    By HK4U in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
  3. Why I Carry a Gun
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 06:41 AM
  4. Why I Carry A Gun, and You Should Too
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 03:06 PM
  5. H 3003 In House Judiciary Committee
    By Red Hat in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 03:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast