Motorcycle carry - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle carry

Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    Most modern guns will fire wet. I carry a USP9 Compact so I know it will fire, but most handguns will fire. Revolvers maybe not, but more than likely it shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. I'm not a gunsmith or a seller of guns. My whole family is police that is where my experience comes from. I am more than likely wrong on some items but from my experience this is what I know.
    Please excuse me for being dense, but why would a gun NOT fire in the rain? We use encased bullets now,not black powder in an open bowl. And why would a revolver be more problematic than a semi in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Please excuse me for being dense, but why would a gun NOT fire in the rain? We use encased bullets now,not black powder in an open bowl. And why would a revolver be more problematic than a semi in the rain?
    My impression of the original question was about not getting the gun wet for protection of the gun, not because it may or may not fire if wet.. Sure my pistol will fire when wet, but when I'm on the bike and it starts raining, I usually try to get it to a dryer spot if possible..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

4. HootmonSccy,

Precisely, my question was about the avoidance of getting the gun wet. If a gun gets wet it will survive, but cleaning and drying a water logged gun is an issue that I would rather avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoegoo View Post
    HootmonSccy,

Precisely, my question was about the avoidance of getting the gun wet. If a gun gets wet it will survive, but cleaning and drying a water logged gun is an issue that I would rather avoid.
    Sorry! I missed the entire point. No wonder I couldn't understand about firing a wet gun.

That's why I asked a "dense" question. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Sorry! I missed the entire point. No wonder I couldn't understand about firing a wet gun.

That's why I asked a "dense" question. LOL!
    Don't feel bad. I thought the same thing. Sorry I misunderstood.

Well thanks for that. I was beginning to think a had another "senior moment". LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Dang, I saw the thread title and wondered why anyone would want to carry a motorcycle.
    LOL priceless!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoegoo View Post
    HootmonSccy,

Of course I have to chime in with: Get a Glock and it will shoot in the rain, sleet, snow, sand, and even underwater with marine cups, (although I haven't tried fishing with one yet) and it will never rust.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Dang, I saw the thread title and wondered why anyone would want to carry a motorcycle.
    That was the main reason I started thinking about getting my permit. I ride back it the woods with my wife and you're kind of alone back in there. Seemed like a really good idea to have a pistol with us with all the meth labs that they might be hiding in the woods these days.

As for out on the road, if there's open road ahead I can leave most any vehicle in the dust, but if my wife's on her bike, that's another story. I'll stick around until the jerk in the car has passed us both.

Had some kid just the other day on my ass. He was 2 feet off my back tire in the dark at 40mph on a 45 mph posted road. Deer everywhere! I slowed down to 35 and let my wife (who was in front of me) get on up the road and turn off. The kid in the car put a blue flashing light up in his dash trying to fool me but that didn't work. No office would be 2 feet of my rear tire at 40 mph. He then passed me on a double yellow line, slammed on the brakes, slid his car sideways blocking the road 40 feet in front of me and made me stop. He threw open the door, got out of his car and came running at me yelling that "it's posted 45 mph ass hole". Needless to say, he stopped short of attacking me while I was seated on my bike in the middle of the road. I keep my 9 on my side. Maybe next time I hope he'll think twice.

I had me in a bad spot. He had the road ahead blocked from end to end, I was seated on my bike so I was disadvantaged. Vehicle pound for vehicle pound he had me beat as well and there's no doors to lock. I had no choice. The couple of extra pounds I was carrying on my belt might have saved my ass.

He decided that I had him out gunned, and after a few "big man with a gun" remarks (so he didn't lose all the testosterone he had built up) he decided that I was right, and the best coarse of action he had, was to follow my advice, get back in his car and drive off. Problem solved.

So as for carry on a motorcycle? 100% yes! Every time I start it.

PS: And no 380 on my ankle either! That's a going out to eat gun. Can't get to it on my bike. Don't bend like I used to.

Should be a law: If you're on your bike, you're armed.

TnGW1500se - Welcome to the forum from Tampa Bay, Floriduh.. and thanx for sharing the story..

Good thing he didn't choose to get out of his truck with a bat or a tire iron.. things might have gone south for him that day!!!

BTW - The Posted speed of 45 MPH is call what?? the Speed LIMIT.. No faster than.. not the mandatory speed you must go.. Any wager on him doing a little more than 45 when they left?? Everybody is in such a damn hurry.. and if they run your ass over, it's "oh, I'm sorry man..., but what the big deal, and it was all his fault anywayz for not going faster" Like that's going to fix anything..

Yeah, I've never had a situation like that, but I am usually carrying just in case because it does happen....

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast