What caliber is your primary carry gun? - Page 3

View Poll Results: What caliber is your primary carry gun?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll

25 6.63%
  • 9mm

94 24.93%
  • 10mm

4 1.06%
  • .38 special

18 4.77%
  • .357 mag

15 3.98%
  • .357 sig

9 2.39%
  • .40 S&W

71 18.83%
  • .45 acp

129 34.22%
  • .454 Casull/.45 Colt

0 0%
  • Other

12 3.18%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What caliber is your primary carry gun?

Both of my carry guns are 45acp

I love my P-64 (9x18), I love my permit, but I really don't ever get the chance to use either. I got my permit to take hiking, making bears and mountain lions almost as dangerous as humans. When I'm in the city, I am afraid the P-64 might be a bit bulky to conceal easily. I have an Astra Cub .22 short that can go anywhere, but that isn't any better than carrying a knife.

45ACP. most of the time, 9mm., some of time, .380ACP. the rest of the time, and some times all 3!!:)
    You can run, But you only get caught tired

Usually my 9mm, some times my trusty revolver (357)

G19 carried IWB in Summer, Springfield 1911-A1 - IWB in Winter. I shoot IDPA matches with both to stay in practice though haven't been able to get to a match for a couple of months due to family commitments.

Have been .45 fan most of my life as I'm retired from US Army, but got introduced to Glocks and have decided that Tupperware isn't inherently evil, but I still like my 1911 (besides, it has that neat OD green armorcote - see my avatar).
    kscchtrainer
    KS certified Concealed Carry Instructor
    moderator, KSCCW.COM forum

What this country needs is more unemployed politicians!

Thumbs up

I carry a Kahr pm9. It is a nice, compact, and accurate for the first 6 shots.

Big and slow is the way to go

My primary is my Springfield Armory Micro-Compact 45 ACP. I have 2 Kimbers and a Colt series 80 in 45 ACP as well as may others in other caliburs.

Luke,,,, you are correct on Revolver qualification in Nevada. I just qualified and am waiting for Oct. 1st to renew my Nevada permit so I can get the 5 year non-resident deal (up from 3 years).

After Oct. 1st the term for Nevada non-residents goes to 5 years, and qualify with any 1 revolver and you can carry any revolver you wish.

Great site,,, let's go

spc ;)

9. Primary - .45 Kimber Ultra Carry
    Glock 36 (also .45) when I camp or am in areas where I know that my carry will probably be exposed to the elements.
    Now before I get jumped on by both sides let me explain.:o

My Ultra is, in my mind, much too pretty and costly to be dropped, kicked or bank shot into the corner pocket. Its like a Mercedes SUV, nice and shiny for buzzing around town.
    Out in the dirt, four wheeling, I switch to a Jeep, something more appropriately apparelled for bumping and jostling and rubbing up against the bushes.

Okay guys, you can start throwing the rotten fruit now! :D

Sounds to me like you have it covered well. We all have a tool box and selecting the correct tool from the tool box for the job is the right thing to do

No tomatoes from me, just praise

spc

11. Quote Originally Posted by spc View Post
    Sounds to me like you have it covered well. We all have a tool box and selecting the correct tool from the tool box for the job is the right thing to do

No tomatoes from me, just praise

spc
    Spoken like a real diplomat!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast