What caliber is your primary carry gun? - Page 4

View Poll Results: What caliber is your primary carry gun?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll

25 6.63%
  • 9mm

94 24.93%
  • 10mm

4 1.06%
  • .38 special

18 4.77%
  • .357 mag

15 3.98%
  • .357 sig

9 2.39%
  • .40 S&W

71 18.83%
  • .45 acp

129 34.22%
  • .454 Casull/.45 Colt

0 0%
  • Other

12 3.18%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What caliber is your primary carry gun?

Quote Originally Posted by slowfire View Post
    ...Okay guys, you can start throwing the rotten fruit now! :D
    No flames or fruit from me, either - sounds like a good idea. Just remember which one you've got, and where, if you ever need it.
    Luke 22:35-36

كافر

3. hard to say, my Kimber is in 45acp, my rossi is in 357, and now my new Sig p226 is in 357sig.
    "When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"

G27 in .40 DT 155GDJHP in summer G27/w OEM .357sig barrel GT 125gr GDJHP in the winter.

Steyr S9 around the house and when wearing an "overshirt." It fits in the pocket of cargo pants, but needs something to cover the pocket. Without a cover garment it's a Makarov (East German- very nice gun, especially for $110). BUG is a .38 snubbie. Sometimes it's 2 .38s. A S&W tacticool folder completes the ensemble. I have found that a gun isn't much good for field dressing an apple, removing a hangnail, or eating a pork chop.
    I have a small.45 auto, but 9mm ammo is SO much cheaper and the Steyr has been completely reliable with every weight bullet available in 9X19mm. The Mak has also been perfect in reliability, but marginal in power if you're dealing with a meth head who may or may not even realize that he's been shot. The 9X19 got a reputation as a poor stopper with military ball ammo, but with modern JHP there isn't a lot of difference in the relative stopping power of the pistol calibers from 9mmP through .45acp. The 9mm is cheap enough to practice with and shot placement trumps caliber. A hit with anything beats a miss with anything, and the fact that he always works with any ammo I have used makes Mr. Steyr my choice for bad breath range social encounters.
    Last edited by revjen45; 10-03-2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: afterthought
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

Primary is a Kimber Ultra Carry in 45, I sometimes carry a S&W Sigma SW9F in 9mm.

Cool

For most purposes I have my Smith & Wesson model 6906 9mm. It is along the lower powered of what I consider serious self defense rounds. I also carry the Bersa thunder 380 when conditions don't permit the 9mm. I find myself to be a great shot with it, and it's better than not having anything when clothing or conditions don't allow for the 9mm. In California, I'm only permitted to have concealed. If I ever move to another state, I will likely grow up to a 40 cal. when open carry might be more available.

Quote Originally Posted by revjen45 View Post
    Steyr S9 around the house and when wearing an "overshirt." It fits in the pocket of cargo pants, but needs something to cover the pocket. Without a cover garment it's a Makarov (East German- very nice gun, especially for $110)
    You got an east german mak for $110? WOW! I'm super envious, I love maks.

Sa 1911

I carry a full size springfield 1911 with Winchester Ranger SXT 230 gr. HP.

I carry a Sig P226 9mm. However, I'm converting to a Springfield 1911 which I bought used from a dealer. After having it inspected by my smith I'll carry it for the additional power. Also, if I should be in an incident I know the pistol will be taken by the police for the investigation and the chances of getting it back are slim to none barring a court fight. So I'd rather lose my $500 reliable 1911 then my pretty $1000 Sig with all the work I've had done on it.

11. Rotating between .40 and 9. The .40 is a Glock; the 9 is an S&W M&P which feels better in my hand, so I end up carrying it more often.

:)
    Preesheeaicha!

http://www.zionsbest.com/proper_role.html (The Proper Role of Government)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast