I Lost My Girlfriend Over My Gun Beliefs - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I Lost My Girlfriend Over My Gun Beliefs

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    ok, there is more to it: she was radically feminist/progressive, and I'm a stout conservative. It wouldn't have been bad if she wasn't b****ing all the time about what was going on in the news and then calling everyone who didn't agree with her an idiot and other expletives. I guess it was more her attitude I couldn't deal with.

I've learned my lesson: don't allow your relationships to revolve around "one thing" and appease others to continue such practices; you end up unhappier in the long run.

I've going out with a gorgeous blond tomorrow though. We'll see how this goes.
    Good Luck!

I just stick with call girls. It makes everything much easier in life.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    ok, there is more to it: she was radically feminist/progressive, and I'm a stout conservative. It wouldn't have been bad if she wasn't b****ing all the time about what was going on in the news and then calling everyone who didn't agree with her an idiot and other expletives. I guess it was more her attitude I couldn't deal with.

I've learned my lesson: don't allow your relationships to revolve around "one thing" and appease others to continue such practices; you end up unhappier in the long run.

I've going out with a gorgeous blond tomorrow though. We'll see how this goes.
    I have some of this in my marriage.. my wife is less conservative than me (I'm being nice), but she is all for the 2nd amendment..
    She will go off about this or that, but the nice thing is it doesn't matter if I'm listening or not, she just goes on all by herself.. Sometimes with friends, but sometimes just in the same or another room..
    She has gotten a little better over the past couple of years, but still falls into her old ways from time to time..

I just wish that she would prefer a conversation over a RANT...

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

It's funny, I'm so wrapped up in my "gun world" that I sometimes forget just how strongly some peoples' feelings are against guns. Once in an infrequent while, I'll be reminded, usually by some D-bag. My (now) wife was only familiar with long guns when we met. It wasn't long before she was shooting pistols and wanting her own. She was fine with having guns and shooting them, and with my concealed carry of them. However, she was NOT okay with open carry when I got involved in it. I would sometimes conceal solely for her benefit but as time went on, I continued openly carrying more and more and, having no negative experiences with it, she became accustomed to it. Now, it doesn't matter where we're going, she's fine with my OCing.

As for your experience... if you were to stay together, it would have taken you lots of time and effort before you'd get her to the point of being okay with guns... IF it could be done. Some people are so anti-gun that nothing would ever change their minds, and it sounds like she may have been one of those candidates. I don't know what woman wouldn't want her man to be able to protect her by any means, but they're out there. The "protect me and be chivalrous, just don't use a gun" crowd. Talk about tying one's hands!

I think we can all thank the media in general for painting such negative pictures with guns to the point of brainwashing those who've never fired or even held a gun to believe that they're simply "dangerous and evil" and that anyone who carries a gun is a "nutcase". SCHOOL THESE PEOPLE!!!!
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

Good to find out now, rather than later.

My Ex didn't like guns per se, although she was Army trained and a very good shot. She didn't like my motorcycle, she didn't like.....an didn't like..... and didn't like.... when it came to it, there wasn't much she liked.

She's an Ex, and I couldn't be happier.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345