I Lost My Girlfriend Over My Gun Beliefs
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lost My Girlfriend Over My Gun Beliefs

1. I Lost My Girlfriend Over My Gun Beliefs

I'm 22 and am about to graduate from a prominent university in the South. I've sort of been dating this girl for a couple months. She's cute and I loved everything about her . . . except her gun views. I usually didn't carry while we were together, and I never told her that I owned a handgun.

Earlier yesterday, I was cleaning out my truck. She dropped by on a surprise visit, and I was open carrying then. Upon seeing me like this, her face dropped. She asked me about it, and I told her that I'm a firm believer of gun rights. We got into this argument, and I saw a side of her I had never seen until then. She was really against guns and thought people who carry them are all nutcases! We'd been having a hard time anyway since I was about to graduate and leave, so this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

It doesn't matter to me since I was probably never going to see her ever again after I move out of town after I graduate, but I found it an even bigger epiphany to realize that you don't really know somebody that well even after a couple months.

It also bugs me that most of my generation automatically think "guns=bad."

wolfhunter Guest
    Good riddance

sorry for the breakup, but sounds like your not too heart broken over it. true about the few months and not really knowing someone. like wolf said good riddance. your views would of caused a breakup anyway. keep oc'ing and livin up to what you feel is right in your gun views. im a stickler for mineand im 27. i cc everyday like it or not. hell i even got my gf to get her licence.

best wishes~

LOL, I'm sure she voted for Obamama as well.

6. Im sorry my friend.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Women are like the city bus. Wait, and another will come along.

If you are lucky you will find a nice woman who has an open mind. Relationships are all about respect.

I use to date a woman who could melt the wax off a dixie cup at fifty feet.
    She was smart, and a pure pleasure to be around. However, she would go on a terrible liberal rant if she saw anything firearm related at my place. It was among many reasons we were not to be.

Thumbs up Better now than later.....

It's better that you discovered this now than later if you had continued in a relationship. When my wife and I got married almost 46 years ago she knew nothing about guns. Her parents were of the opinion that guns were not something girls had anything to do with. I started teaching her how to shoot and handle guns. Now she can handle any gun I have and has gotten her CCW permit. Guns are important to me, therefore she has taken the same position.

Better to find out now rather than later, when the relationship could have been much more serious. It could have hurt a lot more.

Love me, love my guns. Bye-bye.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

your better off without her anyways man. especially if she has that kind of mindset. there are plenty of women out there that share the same views as you do.

still sorry that you had to deal with that nonsense.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast