Giving Your Firearm(s) A Name - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving Your Firearm(s) A Name

Quote Originally Posted by charlieinthebush View Post
    Reminds me of a case Mas Ayoob wrote about, when a prosecutor was grilling the justifiable citizen shooter and, picking up his gun used in self defense with two scared fingers for the jury to see, asked the defendant very smarmy "would you say this is your FAVORITE gun?" The defendant dryly replied, "It is now".
    Mas Ayoob and his wife name their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondis Firearms View Post
    I name mine so when my hubbie and I are going out, we can discuss them and people think we are just talking about the kids.
    But, you are just talking about your kids!!!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    My wife and I refer to any gun we may carry as "your friend". Or call it a "NUG" (from one of the MASH episodes). The only exception is my 450 marlin, it is know as the "Hammer of God"
    Mudpuppy: I thought I was the only one who talks in code ( especially on the telephone to my wife who goes back -and forth from Chi -suburbs . Where a gun is still ok to own ) . We do what we have to in the firearm community to be left alone by those who don't ever care what we think ! God Bless.

5. Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    That's great! He couldn't have had a better response! Perfect, simply perfect! LOL ....it is now....
    Hopinpop : Good answer . Paw Paw ,Mi. I once slept in the town park when my buddy and I hitchiked in 1970 . We were good guys just trying to get back to Berrin Springs,Mi. Try to do that today . I'll bet lol would take you away . Fond memories . I always liked Michigan a lot ! God Bless .

Scared to ask what other things you people name.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I don't see any reason to name them. They don't come when they're called.

Skip Griffith
    Ohio

Sometimes I refer to them as my equalizer. Other times my big stick. If I have just watched an old gangster movie from the 1940's I may find myself calling one of my hand guns the Rosco or Heater.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

[QUOTE=mappow;135343]Scared to ask what other things you people name.

All my guns, animals, plants, cars, tractors... oh yea, the kids got names too.

[quote=Fondis Firearms;135388]
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Scared to ask what other things you people name.

All my guns, animals, plants, cars, tractors... oh yea, the kids got names too.
    ...and the animals and kids don't come when they're called, either... lol
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

I've never named any of my guns but if I did I think they would share the same name "Da*n Effecient"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast