How would you have reacted to this???
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you have reacted to this???

Exclamation How would you have reacted to this???

Sheriff's Office seeking alleged carjacker
    Comments 9 | Recommend 0
    April 16, 2010 5:21 PM
    Brian Hughes
    Florida Freedom Newspapers
    Sheriff's Office seeking alleged carjacker | police, car, drive - News - Northwest Florida Daily News
    CRESTVIEW - Police responded to a possible carjacking that had taken place at the intersection of Live Oak Church Road and John King Road around 12:30 p.m. this afternoon.

The male victim told police he was waiting to turn left when a black male got in passenger side of his car, pointed a handgun at him and told him to drive. The alleged carjacker directed the victim to drive him to Interstate 10, where they headed westbound toward Pensacola.

Because the car apparently left Crestview Police’s jurisdiction, the investigation was turned over to the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s office, police spokesman Lt. Andrew Schneider said.

The victim called and talked to his mother who phoned it in to Crestview Police, sheriff's spokeswoman Michele Nicholson said.

“After several miles the guy got out and ran to a 2000 full-sized Cadillac and jumped in and took off,” Nicholson said. “They put out a BOLO (be on the lookout) on the car all the way to New Orleans.”

Police are searching for a large black male, 6-feet, 5-inches tall, 280 lbs., with corn-rowed hair, dressed in a black T-shirt and black pants, Nicholson said. He should be considered armed and dangerous.

Nicholson said the victim was uninjured in the incident.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

First he would not get in my car because I keep the doors locked. Second I am always armed. I may not have been able to pull may gun at first but when he turned his back on me to exit the car I would do my best to make sure he never got the chance to car jack someone else.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

If that happened to me, I would more than likely have seen him coming for one. Two I would have taken him where he needed to go, and like HK4U said, when he got out, I would have shot him dead the minute he stepped out of the car...
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

mojo Guest
    Be aware of your surroundings at all time......like HK, my doors are always locked; but even so it seems I am always "observing" especially when I am stopped.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    If that happened to me, I would more than likely have seen him coming for one. Two I would have taken him where he needed to go, and like HK4U said, when he got out, I would have shot him dead the minute he stepped out of the car...
    CCW allows you to shoot to stop in a situation where the aggressor has the ability, the opportunity and imminent jeopardy to cause great bodily harm or death to you. We are not authorized to shoot to kill, so I would not recommend making a statement like yours above. Since this is a public forum, it could come back to haunt you in a later courtroom if you are ever involved in a situation. Lastly, when the bad guy is getting out and running away loses the effect of imminence. I don't believe that is the right time to think of shooting to stop, he has already ended the threat to you. Shooting to kill a BG to prevent a future crime is a crime in itself. I would not go there. Just came back from my NV CCW class today so all these issues are quite fresh in my mind.

How would you have reacted to this???

Unfortunately, the gun was already drawn on him. Even if a gun could be drawn the carjacker already has the advantage.

My only observation is that if the guy with the gun did not put his seat belt on, I would hit something to ensure he would feel the force of the collision. Although I would be minimally hurt, he would likely be dead (more likely) or severely injured enough for me to disarm him and wait for the police/EMS after/while he was bleeding to death.
    www.holstershock.com

Tell 'em CDR Glock sent ya!

Be aware of your surroundings. My doors are always locked. I always keep a safe distance between me and the car ahead on me.Heck I dont even park any where I can get blocked in.
    WOODY!
    Please Bless and Support our Troops.
    Dont Blink, 100 Years Goes Faster Than You Think...

I like the seat belt option CDR. If I didn't put him through the windshield after I hit something, he'd have lead poisoning from the rounds as he bounced off of it.
    I agree with you also Alaska on the threat departing the vehicle is now NOT a threat. BUT I do take extreme exception the your statement "We are not authorized to shoot to kill". IMHO-you'd best shoot to kill. YOU have evaluated a situation that is in imminent danger to yourself and or your family. This assessment, in your mind, put you in a position that you deemed this incident is life threatening. YOUR only option is to meet the threat head on and kill or be killed. IE..Self defense. Hence the Laws on the books for CWP and your right to defend your self.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

We teach in the classes in Texas that you always say if asked, "I shot to stop the threat". You never tell the authorities or anyone else that your intentions were to kill. Now if the BG happens to expire then so be it. As for shooting him as he flees if he just pulled off an armed car jacking I believe that is a felony and under Texas law you can shot to stop the fleeing subject.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I like the seat belt option CDR. If I didn't put him through the windshield after I hit something, he'd have lead poisoning from the rounds as he bounced off of it.
    I agree with you also Alaska on the threat departing the vehicle is now NOT a threat. BUT I do take extreme exception the your statement "We are not authorized to shoot to kill". IMHO-you'd best shoot to kill. YOU have evaluated a situation that is in imminent danger to yourself and or your family. This assessment, in your mind, put you in a position that you deemed this incident is life threatening. YOUR only option is to meet the threat head on and kill or be killed. IE..Self defense. Hence the Laws on the books for CWP and your right to defend your self.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
    I don't necessarily agree with a blanket statement that a threat moving away from you is not a threat. Too much is dependent on the exact situation encountered. The guy could very well exit the car, turn back and shoot, reasoning that he doesn't want witnesses and didn't want your blood or brains to splatter on him in the confines of the vehicle. When drugs are involved and the individual is not thinking straight, they can reach decisions and take actions that are not reasoned or even fully controlled physically. Someone else could be there (at the destination) telling him to elminate witnesses or get your wallet, get that ring he saw on your finger, take your kid, whatever.

Simply, like so many of these scenarios, it is impossible to know the exact details of how you would react based on the criminal's behavior, the environment, your level of training, where your firearm is located, etc.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast