Glock users - opinions please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock users - opinions please

Ok i know this is personal preference but i just want your opinions- i have a glock 26 sub compact 9mm, i have the glock 29 sub compact 10mm - these guns are super small, i just purchased the glock 19 - compact 9mm - i love the way this fits - perfect size for concealed carry but this gun also fits perfect in the hand- here is the question-

im about to get another glock- should i get the compact .40 or the .45 gap???? Im not worried about ammo cost or anything like that- just which one would be a better gun, lol- im just asking personal opinions- thats all, taking a survey and i guess which ever glock gets more votes, im going to get that one - thanks fellas and fellerettes

I have a 3G 23 and absolutely love that gun. I also have a 27.

I am aware it can be converted to 357 Sig or 9 mm but if I wanted that, I would just buy those guns.

My next gun will be a 30 SF .45

For capacity, effectiveness and longevity I am voting for the 40.
    www.holstershock.com

Tell 'em CDR Glock sent ya!

I've got a 23, but I like the model 38 and / or the 30 SF better.
    The 38 has same grip as the 19/23, but shoots bigger bullets and softer kick than 23.
    30 SF has a slightly shorter grip (about 1/4'') than the 38, holds 2 more shots.

I have 5 Glock's, and I carrry a 19, Glock's in all cal. are good, that's my opinion, and I am sticking to it !!!
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

I prefer the Glock 23 to the other Glock pistols that I own. I like the performance of the .40 s&w round. They're all good guns, so it basically comes down to personal preference.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Advantages of the GAP are the compact size of ammo, smaller magazines and grips, no loss of effectiveness due to redesign and more control.

It is relatively in it's infancy and not widespread in use. Ammo supplies vary and pale in comparison to the 40. Just look at the 38 Super and 357Sig.
    www.holstershock.com

Look to the use of the 357 sig and 38 Super. They are not as widely used. Debate still rages between 9 and 45.
    www.holstershock.com

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    Look to the use of the 357 sig and 38 Super. They are not as widely used. Debate still rages between 9 and 45.
    I have the Glock 31(.357Sig) and ammo is always available at Wally World. It's a very very hot round (125gr./1450fps) so be careful where you point that thing.

Also, since a .357Sig is just a neck down .40cal. You can use .40cal glock mags and just drop in a .40cal barrel and you'll be good to go!

Forget the Glock! Buy a 1911 in .45 ACP............

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It will come down to preference but I'd get the caliber that you are most proficient with. If you shoot the .45 gap better then the .40 S&W that is the way I'd go or vise versa.

Although, I think .40 S&W is easier to come by and allow you to train more.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

11. I'd go with 45ACP over GAP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast