Whats the point in having non resident CCWs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the point in having non resident CCWs?

Whats the point in having non resident CCWs?

Just a question that has me a bit puzzled. If your CCW is accepted in other states, why do people mail in non resident applications when they live in another state?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Simply because not all states CHL are honored in all states so someone may pick up a non resident state to be able to carry in that state or because it is recognized in certain states that do not recognize his home state.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    In many cases the Non-Resident permit/license will provide carry privileges in a state that does not have reciprocity with your state of residence.

A Michigan permit appears to cover most states, but try selecting SC as your Resident permit then FL as a Non-Res. on the Reciprocity map in the Resources section.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Just a question that has me a bit puzzled. If your CCW is accepted in other states, why do people mail in non resident applications when they live in another state?
    It is next to impossible in some states (like MD) to get a permit. By getting non resident permits, people can then carry in other states. And I'm sure the states that do issue them like the extra revenue. I have permits from FL, VA,UT and NV. I can now carry in more than 30 states even though I cannot carry in MD

Home state of PA covers me in 25 states...26 when new law in IA takes effect.

Adding a UT permit gave me 6 more states

Adding CT gave me 1 more state.

That covers me 32 states as of right now.

My SC CWP is good for my State of coarse and additional 17 other States. We do not have an agreement with Georgia so I have a non-resident from FLA which covers Ga. With the Fla CWP I an now covered in an additional 16 States, 33 total. 3 other States that honor Fla will not IF you do not live in that State. I recommend that you fully read the Reciprocity Agreement with States listed to ensure you comply. Hope this helps.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Hm, didnt know all that, thanks for the insight guys. Helps out alot. I looked at Michigans, and looks like Im covered in almost all states, except the ones that do not allow CC or what ever. Lookin good for Michigan =]
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Hm, didnt know all that, thanks for the insight guys. Helps out alot. I looked at Michigans, and looks like Im covered in almost all states, except the ones that do not allow CC or what ever. Lookin good for Michigan =]
    Yep...MI is one of the best....along with MO. If you go to New England at all...you can obtain ME, CT, MA and RI non-resident licenses. MA you would have to make a personal appearance...and RI is kind of "defective" in that it is Shall Issue, but requires a "Statement of Need" with the application.

Why have em, just cus you can

I have in Ohio permit, Washington state, New Hampshire, and Florida-

I mailed out my PA application, Maine app, CT app and VA app this week-

Went to Canyon Creek, Oregon and was fingerprinted last week- they said i should i have my oregon CCW in 45 -60 days POW -

having all these permits even though some may disagree will help get issuance in states like maryland and New Jersey- I am flying up to Jersey in 2 weeks to apply for that state permit- Oh and what can also help you, having a security guard license from your home state (trust me, i have a florida armed and unarmed security license) and CDL- for some odd reason- you can use those as reasons to be granted issuance for a CCW in some of these states that arent so willing to give one

Quote Originally Posted by jessepeakdotcom View Post
    I have in Ohio permit, Washington state, New Hampshire, and Florida-

I mailed out my PA application, Maine app, CT app and VA app this week-

Went to Canyon Creek, Oregon and was fingerprinted last week- they said i should i have my oregon CCW in 45 -60 days POW -

having all these permits even though some may disagree will help get issuance in states like maryland and New Jersey- I am flying up to Jersey in 2 weeks to apply for that state permit- Oh and what can also help you, having a security guard license from your home state (trust me, i have a florida armed and unarmed security license) and CDL- for some odd reason- you can use those as reasons to be granted issuance for a CCW in some of these states that arent so willing to give one

Good luck with that one...let us know how it goes for you. Being a PA resident with several family members living in NJ that would be a nice one to have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast