Glock dry firing

Thread: Glock dry firing

Glock dry firing

Ive heard so many people with thier personal opinions on dry firing your weapon- i went to a training facility in north carolina- they train corporate armed body guards- they had the students training using dry firing exercises- so i was just curious- what do you think- i dont see how dry firing will hurt your weapon- like i said im a die hard on glocks- so this question is more directed toward glock users - but anyone let me know

wolfhunter Guest
    Dry firing will not harm modern center-fire weapons.

glock ok to dry fire

I agree. It is just fine to dry fire a Glock.
    There is some debate about using a snap cap when dry firing.
    Other pistols may have some issues with dry fire. Check them before excessive use.

Wolf, don't .22 pistol's have an issue with dry firing?

i think most rimfire weapons are not good to dryfire. but i dont know for certain. i dont do it much on the ones i own.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

wolfhunter Guest
    Iceman, dry firing with out a dummy case of some type is bad for all rim-fire firearms.Something like these should be used for any rim-fire. http://www.azoomsnapcaps.com/
    Last edited by wolfhunter; 05-10-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: forgot link

My Glock manual for my G30 says it is ok.

Another good free alternative for rimfire snap caps. Take a spent or fired case and turn it so the pin strike is 90 degrees from the 12:00 position at say 3:00. Insert it into the chamber and hit it again. If need be use it 3 more times and then replace with another. The only issue that could arise is the inability of the extractor to pull the empty case out. I just get it with my finger nail..

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I follow the manufacturer's recommendation. Glocks = just fine to dry fire. Same for Ruger Mark II. Some others, not. Read the manual.

You can. I don't. 20 years of firing glocks has stopped me from wanting to. any firing pin or metal part can go on you just being what it is. metal. i know people who df 100 times a day. 5 years and no damge then others get shipping labels to send thier gun in for repairs for over doing it. I don't even slingshot my slide unless i had to. Besides firing the glocks ,i put no excess pressure on any part. after yeats of owning glocks i can remember all the dry firing decreasing after the first year or so. i do it with a new gun test but not after that. you go ahead and dry fire away. glocks can take it ,no problem.
    NEVER FORGET 9*11*01