Smith and Wesson M&P .40 Full Size CC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson M&P .40 Full Size CC

Smith and Wesson M&P .40 Full Size CC

Does anyone else here carry the 40 smith and wesson m and p? I bought this weapon several months ago, havent had much time to shoot it lately, Ammo tends to be a little expensive in my area. Usually 60 to 80.00 for a box of 100.
    Does anyone else carry this weapon for Self Defense, either CC or OC? What are your thoughts on it. I love this weapon personally. Wouldnt have chosen any other weapon. It just appeals to me best. If you dont carry this weapon, what aspects do you look for when shopping for a new weapon for CC or even OC? Both are legal in my state so Im open to both discussions.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Does anyone else here carry the 40 smith and wesson m and p? I bought this weapon several months ago, havent had much time to shoot it lately, Ammo tends to be a little expensive in my area. Usually 60 to 80.00 for a box of 100.
    Does anyone else carry this weapon for Self Defense, either CC or OC? What are your thoughts on it. I love this weapon personally. Wouldnt have chosen any other weapon. It just appeals to me best. If you dont carry this weapon, what aspects do you look for when shopping for a new weapon for CC or even OC? Both are legal in my state so Im open to both discussions.
    IMO, a gun is a firearm. A firearm only becomes a weapon when it's sole purpose becomes probable deadly force against a fellow human being.
    Itstjs, I hope you are running target rounds in that M&P for your practice time. Only run a box of the high dollar stuff to make sure they work, then every year or so. Load the high dollar rounds when you CC or OC.
    I personally carry a revolver because they are simple. If I am going to be going in harms way, I just don't go.
    Regarding your M&P, it is a good firearm. I put a 50 rounds through one. Which I had one for my collection.

ive had my m&p .40 for 2 years now, i did cc with it, but since have gone with a subcompact xd-40 both are great guns. every now and then i carry the m&p cc but mostly on my duty belt it sits. its a fine gun. ive attached a tlr-2 streamlight to the end of it and love the way it feels with the little extra weight on the end of it. i normally carry federal hst 155g with one in the tube, but for range days i feed it american eagle (federals target load) and they are a great load to shoot on the range. if you need anymore thoughts on it feel free to pm me about it.

I carry the M&P .45 full size and for warm to hot weather the .40 compact.

Yes is good!!!

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

6. I have the M&P 40c and 9mm in full size. Both guns work without any problems. I love them both. I carry them when on my bike.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

.40 S&W ammo

The Wal-Mart in my area has Winchester "White Box" 100rnd. value pack for $27.95. They are 165gr. FMJ. Great for practice.

I hope you are running target rounds in that M&P for your practice time. Only run a box of the high dollar stuff to make sure they work, then every year or so. Load the high dollar rounds when you CC or OC.
    Thanks, Iceman! I was wondering how often one should shoot the defensive loads...

I carry the M&P 40C. Easier to conceal.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

It's all about comfort and concealment for the individual. I CC my M&P .40 (full-size) occasionally. My normal carry is a CZ-40 and they are basically the same size and form factor. This is done in a Galco SOB holster at about the 5:00-5:30 position with no problems. Never had an issue with it. More often I OC the S&W since I have a better retention holster for it than the CZ. Truly though they are interchangeable on my hip.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

I carry the m&p .40 full size in the winter and love it!! i have just under 1900 rds through it without a single issue. in the warmer months here in TN i carry a glock 27. good luck in whatever you choose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast