Have you been made? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you been made?

1. Quote Originally Posted by lukemccoy View Post
    No one in public has ever noticed that I carry. This past weekend I thought my shirt was kind of short and headed to the bank. I decided to leave it in the car just in case.
    Wait so you would rather leave yourself vulnerable while inside of a bank instead of letting someone see your piece? As far as I know there isn't anything illegal about that in Nevada...

Finally made...

I was made for the first time this morning. By my wife.

She bought me a nice corduroy jacket for the fall, and we went out this morning for a walk. She was feeling the fabric on the jacket, and...

"Are you carrying a gun?"

"Mmm-hhmm."

"Really?"

"Yes, I've been carrying almost every day for the last six months"

"Oh..."

No further objections though, and we enjoyed our walk. This is pretty amazing considering her first reaction to my declaration that I wanted to buy a firearm a year ago. It's a long story, but both our attitudes have changed a lot since then.

And I own 10 firearms now. :D

10 firearms in a year?! Wow, that's impressive.

On the topic.....The only time I've ever been made is when I was stepping out of the car, and had to "readjust." I pulled my shirt back down over everything and walked in a store. An officer was on patrol by the front door, and he asked me to pull my shirt up. Seeing what I had, he asked if I had a permit...so I showed him, and went along my merry way. Thinking about it later, I got pretty annoyed that he made me flash anyone within eyesight. Next time anything like that happens, I believe my reply will go something like this:

"If you'd like to see whether or not I'm carrying a firearm, I will save you the trouble and confirm that I am indeed carrying. I have a permit in my wallet and will happily show you. I would just prefer to not flash to everyone present that I am armed."
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Made

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    I was made for the first time this morning. By my wife.

She bought me a nice corduroy jacket for the fall, and we went out this morning for a walk. She was feeling the fabric on the jacket, and...

"Mmm-hhmm."

"Really?"

"Yes, I've been carrying almost every day for the last six months"

"Oh..."

No further objections though, and we enjoyed our walk. This is pretty amazing considering her first reaction to my declaration that I wanted to buy a firearm a year ago. It's a long story, but both our attitudes have changed a lot since then.

And I own 10 firearms now. :D

You sound like a friend of mine. He bought his Glock and had it quite a while before telling his wife. He said he always felt it was easier to get forgiveness than permission. Thankfully I don't have that problem with my wife.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    10 firearms in a year?! Wow, that's impressive.
    Well, to be specific, some of them are owned by my business. I use them as molds for the holsters I make.

Ishi, a world of possibilities went through my mind at reading this! OY!!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Ishi, a world of possibilities went through my mind at reading this! OY!!
    Hmm, I guess in that alternate universe we finished our morning walk early...

:D

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    I've never been made, but came close one day in Wal-Mart when my little AMT 45 fell out onto the floor..it has never happend since! I have since learned "Gun Control"!

my daddy always taught me that gun control was:
    1) using both hands
    2) hitting what you aim at

where in there is a need for censoring?

10. Quote Originally Posted by mot mayhem View Post
    my daddy always taught me that gun control was:
    1) using both hands
    2) hitting what you aim at

where in there is a need for censoring?
    That's what gun control used to be about, decades ago. Today's "Gun Control" is not about guns, but about control, that is People Control.

Cool

Just recently as I got home from work, my daughter and son-in-law were visiting from out of state with my grandkids. My wife was first to greet me with a kiss, then my daughter, two of my grandkids, another daughter, and finally my son-in-law, who is a police officer. I was carrying my Bersa thunder 380 in a tactical 5.11 shirt, tucked on my left side a few inches down from my armpit. All of them hugged me in some fashion, but I led them so they wouldn't wrap their arm around my waist on that side, until my son-in-law, the cop. He gave me a bear hug around the midsection, and I could feel the weapon squeeze into my side. He stepped back and gave me a grin, but nothing more was said. My wife and family don't even know I'm packing most of the time, and I like to keep it that way. I told my wife that the only way she might know for sure, is if we are out to dinner with family or friends, and I don't indulge in a drink while the others do.
    Bersa
    Last edited by lukem; 03-04-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast