Have you been made? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you been made?

I've only been "made" by my G/F...

She was reaching for something else.

sorry....

LOL

JW

Last year while filling up at a service station I reaized that as I got out of the truck my shirt was riding behind my gun. As I reached to correct it I saw the young man across the island looking, we caught eye contact and I concealed. I gave him a nod and went on with my business, nothing else was said. Being clean cut and having my gun holstered probably gave him the comfort to realize I was carrying legally.

This was in the Carson City area, if I had been is Southern California I am sure it would have been different.

Other than this one incident I have never knowingly been made, but those that carry or LEO have a 'feel' for others that are armed and often spot other CCWers.

spc ;)

4. It's kinda funny because I will be walking through a store with my wife and I will lean and whisper to her, "See that guy over there? He's carrying." or "See that lady in front of us? She's concealing." My wife always asks how I know and I just tell her that I can tell. You can sometimes also tell which people have been carrying a long time and which are newbies. I don't think anyone has ever noticed me carrying but I make sure that doesn't happen. I would hate to see what would happen. Maybe nothing, maybe something.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    You sound like a friend of mine. He bought his Glock and had it quite a while before telling his wife. He said he always felt it was easier to get forgiveness than permission. Thankfully I don't have that problem with my wife.
    Hmmmmm, I just bought a Sig P225 yesterday with the same attitude. I think she was more annoyed cause I used the debit card.

I carry a 1911 in a cross draw and the way it sits does a great job of concealing it. I've never had anyone notice, to my knowledge, but I've seen other CCWers so I've probably been spotted myself by some of them.

I gave one of my regular patients an influenza vaccination yesterday. As he walked off I noticed he had a big revolver strapped to his hip. TN is an open carry state so I didn't say anything. His shirt was bunched up around the grip. I don't think his shirt would have really covered it anyway. I have wondered since then if I should have politely said something.
    Last edited by DrDavidM; 10-16-2007 at 06:10 PM.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

About the Sig

Quote Originally Posted by windfinder View Post
    Hmmmmm, I just bought a Sig P225 yesterday with the same attitude. I think she was more annoyed cause I used the debit card.

I have a Sig 225. It is the first auto I bought, about 15 years ago. It is not what I carry at this time but it is a very good firearm. I don't think they make it anymore.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

9. It may be a good thing to tell someone you know he has been made, we do inside our group of students,but it might hit the fan if you tell a perp. Please describe clean cut. Can I keep my beard? Damn another wife.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I gave one of my regular patients an influenza vaccination yesterday. As he walked off I noticed he had a big revolver strapped to his hip. TN is an open carry state so I didn't say anything. His shirt was bunched up around the grip. I don't think his shirt would have really covered it anyway. I have wondered since then if I should have politely said something.
    :D I love open carry states like TN... no need to mention anything about it except to say- "Nice Revolver, would ya mind if I get a closer look at it?";)
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One time, yes. Only because I had my gun on my hip covered by a light jacket and the wind caught the jacket. I think there may have been one more time, but I can't remember what happened. I do open carry once in a while, though, so it doesn't bother me.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast