What made you get your CCW? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What made you get your CCW?

Ditto with Iceman and most of all the posts. "I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." It's a life skill and a tool. I was raised to be self sufficient, this was just one more addition.
    Another quote I've read here and truly fitting was " When seconds count, the police are just minutes away". I won't take that chance.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

3. Because I emigrated to America! Got to give you Yanks props on this one. I love my country (England) and always will, but it's true there's more freedom over here. Not fond of either government though.

Being British just makes me like revolvers and side-by-side shotguns more than Glocks (sorry GlockFan). I like my 21 rounds of Federal 125 gr .357 JHP in my stainless Taurus 617 7-shot snubbie just fine.

P.S. Hey Fondis Firearms is a girl! How did I not know with her chicks with guns picture? That's now my favourite image on here.

See you guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
    Because I emigrated to America! Got to give you Yanks props on this one. I love my country (England) and always will, but it's true there's more freedom over here. Not fond of either government though.

Being British just makes me like revolvers and side-by-side shotguns more than Glocks (sorry GlockFan). I like my 21 rounds of Federal 125 gr .357 JHP in my stainless Taurus 617 7-shot snubbie just fine.

P.S. Hey Fondis Firearms is a girl! How did I not know with her chicks with guns picture? That's now my favourite image on here.

See you guys :)
    Hey Dave, I just added my avatar a couple days ago... I didn't used to advertise that I was a "chick with a gun" but what the heck hu?

Quote Originally Posted by Fondis Firearms View Post
    Hey Dave, I just added my avatar a couple days ago... I didn't used to advertise that I was a "chick with a gun" but what the heck hu?
    Love your avatar, Fondis Firearms!

Back onto the topic....

Quote Originally Posted by hollie1 View Post

I'm not one to depend on others for anything if its at all possible.
    I'm with Hollie1: I got my CPL because I am not the kind of person that will wait for others to save me.

My favorite quote in support of carrying a firearm: "When seconds count, help is only minutes away."

Mine was just a matter of finally getting it. I have been into guns for as long as I can remember, and had always planned to carry once I was old enough. When I was 21, one of my best friends, along with a female acquaintance of his, was murdered by the female's drunken, jealous, ex-husband. (I know, I know, there are laws that prohibit the possession of firearms while intoxicated. Funny, that didn't help my friend. Yet, the laws preventing a 20 year old from purchasing a handgun or CCing pretty well guaranteed that he wouldn't be able to defend himself. But I digress.) Yet, oddly enough, that incident didn't propel me into the world of CCW. A couple years after that I became interested in politics and quite adamant about preserving our rights. Even after that, I just never got around to buying a handgun or getting a LTCF. I guess between reading SD stories, and every once in a while something reminding me of my friend, I finally came to the realization that no matter how big a badass I think I might be, everyone has a limit, and there is no way to guarantee that my limit will not be exceeded. The results of the '08 election may have helped things along too.

Since then, I have done a lot of research on statistics regarding gun ownership, OC and CC, SD accounts, etc. Now, not only will I never leave home without it (assuming I'm not going to a prohibitive place), I am currently attempting to arm everyone I know (minus a few dope-heads here and there).
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Mine was just a matter of finally getting it. I have been into guns for as long as I can remember, and had always planned to carry once I was old enough. When I was 21, one of my best friends, along with a female acquaintance of his, was murdered by the female's drunken, jealous, ex-husband. (I know, I know, there are laws that prohibit the possession of firearms while intoxicated. Funny, that didn't help my friend. Yet, the laws preventing a 20 year old from purchasing a handgun or CCing pretty well guaranteed that he wouldn't be able to defend himself. But I digress.) Yet, oddly enough, that incident didn't propel me into the world of CCW. A couple years after that I became interested in politics and quite adamant about preserving our rights. Even after that, I just never got around to buying a handgun or getting a LTCF. I guess between reading SD stories, and every once in a while something reminding me of my friend, I finally came to the realization that no matter how big a badass I think I might be, everyone has a limit, and there is no way to guarantee that my limit will not be exceeded. The results of the '08 election may have helped things along too.

Since then, I have done a lot of research on statistics regarding gun ownership, OC and CC, SD accounts, etc. Now, not only will I never leave home without it (assuming I'm not going to a prohibitive place), I am currently attempting to arm everyone I know (minus a few dope-heads here and there).
    A 2A Missionary... Amen Brother...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Because it is my 2nd amendment right.

The look of terror on a family member and his girlfriend's face who was held up at gunpoint right in my front yard within seconds of me getting home from work. That is why I got my CCW.

I carry a gun because my karate sucks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast