DIY Camo Dip Kit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY Camo Dip Kit

1. DIY Camo Dip Kit

Here is something cool for the DIYer gunsmith Camo Dip Kit - Do It Yourself Water Transfer Camo Dip Kit - it is a camo dipping kit that you can do yourself at home. Would make dipping stocks and gun parts pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by redstate View Post
    Here is something cool for the DIYer gunsmith Camo Dip Kit - Do It Yourself Water Transfer Camo Dip Kit - it is a camo dipping kit that you can do yourself at home. Would make dipping stocks and gun parts pretty easy.
    Looks interesting. I just did a digital paint job to one of my savage rifles. This looks much less time consuming!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

4. got any pics? would love to see

got any pics? would love to see
    This was my first attempt and was going for kinda a digital tiger strip look. Learned a lot for the next one.

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. I think you did a great job - how did you get that effect?

few thoughts
    what it cost...
    How durable is it and...
    You can do almost as well with a couple of cans of spray paint and some local vegatation....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

I think you did a great job - how did you get that effect?
    I went out and bought a roll of contact paper, graph paper, and Krylon spray paint. I used Krylon cause I knew I could clean it off fairly easy if I didn't like how it turned out. I taped the graph paper to the contact paper and cut out my templates. Stuck them on and painted.
    - Benjamin Franklin

9. This is the same durability as the large companies - just a smaller at home kit. Same materials and chemicals are used.

10. well it looks really good - good job - I would probably take the lazy way out and get a camo dip kit that is in the millitary camo - yours had to take quite a while to do....

11. FYI we did get a camo dip kit and it worked really well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast