Strange Defensive Shooting Dream.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange Defensive Shooting Dream....

Quote Originally Posted by Aresye View Post
    Even before I've left for the military, and way before I've owned guns, I've been having a reoccurring theme in some of my dreams.

Every few weeks or so, I have a post-apocalyptic style dream. Not like a nuclear fallout, or zombie invasion. I find myself placed in a time in the not-so-distant future, in which society has recently collapsed, and the country has been in a state of anarchy and chaos. Either anarchy, or sometimes it's a very George Orwell 1984 dystopia. Either way, I usually find myself in a resistance of 3-4 close-friends, sometimes running into other groups and tagging along with them. Nothing is ever fixed in the dream, and we usually all end up shot.

Here's an except of one of those style dreams. Before you ask. Yes, I do write my dreams down, and yes, you would too if you had dreams as frequent and as vivid as I do. Go to sleep with a 21mg nicotine patch to get a glimpse of my world.

I'm in a building at night. Some kind of library, or bookstore, where I'm walking around on the second floor. There's a staircase in the middle, and windows overlooking the street from all sides, except the back where the staircase leads up to.

I talk to quite a few people. Families with kids, all enjoying their time in the store, checking out the various books. Suddenly a car comes swerving around the corner outside. A guy pops out of the moon roof, and immediately opens fire on the right side of the store. People start screaming, and I hit the deck, bullets flying over my head. A few of the parents got hit, but the children were okay at the time.

The car continues it's strafe around the whole building, shattering windows all around. I keep thinking, "I need a gun. I need a gun now!" but unfortunately I cannot get one because there's no one in sight.

I stand up, but am pinned down again from the roof gunner. Suddenly, as my head is down, the rest of the squad comes running in, guns blazing. The first man enters, kicks a couple to the floor, and unloads his gun into them. I try to crawl to a corner, hopefully finding some kind of weapon, sharp object, etc.

The group stops at nothing, even shooting kids in their path. I roll over to my back as I feel bullets hitting just behind me. One of the guys jumps over my feet, standing over me, and shoots me in the stomach multiple times. The dream ends abruptly as I lay dying, clutching my stomach.

Interesting thing about all our dreams is our fear of being unarmed, or our weapons not working.
    In the coming anarchy I would stay out of the library
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

I had a dream that I thought was odd but good. I was working in the flower beds and I kept digging up and finding guns.

Kimbers and XD's

No dreams for me, I would have to sleep to have that happen...

Peace
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I had a dream that I thought was odd but good. I was working in the flower beds and I kept digging up and finding guns.

Kimbers and XD's

No dreams for me, I would have to sleep to have that happen...

Peace
    I thought that only worked in the dirt in Florida.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I thought that only worked in the dirt in Florida.
    LOL we don't have dirt..... only sand.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    No wonder I have been unable to get any guns out of my yard. We have to much clay in the soil here.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Oh Crap!!! That's the issue...

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to go and dig up that rusty old revolver I buried to see what it would grow...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12