What was that about open carriers being the first target?

Thread: What was that about open carriers being the first target?

What was that about open carriers being the first target?

It takes a gun to stop a gunman

So now that makes two instances in recent history.

One the open carry was a deterrent and the second, the OCer was not the first target and in fact saved a lot of people.

Seems this topic is leaving the realm of academia and being decided in the real world.

Happy story, but...

What the hell kind of rig is that...?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

"The criminal will go after the armed bystander first" has always been a bogus argument. Criminals are first and usually cowards. Often they are chemically enhanced before beginning their crime. If they notice an armed citizen in a possible crime locale they will most likely go elsewhere rather than risk injury to themselves.

It is to be hoped that the 'angel' in this story will only become more common as people reassert their natural rights.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Happy story, but...

What the hell kind of rig is that...?
    It is the 'Bridgeport Rig'; an old fast draw holster. There is a pin on the revolver that slides into the metal groove on the belt allowing the pistol to pivot in place or quickly slide straight forward to draw.
    Bridgeport rig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    It's an old fast draw holster. There is a pin on the revolver that slides into the metal groove on the belt allowing the pistol to pivot in place or quickly slide straight forward to draw. One of the names it goes by is the 'Bridgeport Rig'
    Bridgeport rig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nice, so one could just rotate the gun forward to fire in an emergency, I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Nice, so one could just rotate the gun forward to fire in an emergency, I like.
    When I was a kid I watched a fast-draw shooter using one. For a long time I thought it was the best holster in the world. Then I grew up and realized that if machines were protected from wear and weather they'd last longer.

I still think they're pretty cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    When I was a kid I watched a fast-draw shooter using one. For a long time I thought it was the best holster in the world. Then I grew up and realized that if machines were protected from wear and weather they'd last longer.

I still think they're pretty cool though.
    It'd be ok if the gun was stainless steel , still have to worry about wear though.

I bet it gives a new meaning to "Hot Pants" when fired from the swivel - can you say barrel-cylinder gap flame
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreek View Post
    I bet it gives a new meaning to "Hot Pants" when fired from the swivel - can you say barrel-cylinder gap flame