How do I ease her mind. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do I ease her mind.

you could try diamonds, that usually shuts them up ;) ;) ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    you could try diamonds, that usually shuts them up ;) ;) ;)
    HAHAHA good idea, Im sure everything would be ok after that..

Buy the little woman a kitchen appliance. Doing that lets em know how much they are appreciated.
    Vitamix Professional Series 500 Blender | Williams-Sonoma
    let us know how it works out.

5. I've broken the ice with several borderline anti-gunners and one young woman who came to my place totally anti and left with her certified 3 shot group target-which she put on her fridge door. Nothing works all the time and each individual will respond to different approaches. Let her know that you find firearms interesting and that they are part of your life-just as she is.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCurt View Post
    Wingnut reporting for duty.
    Yeah, me too! I don't brandish it in your face, but I'm also not going to step away from mentioning it when the time comes either.

Quote Originally Posted by dmelectrician View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm probably gonna take the slow approach with her, she isn't totally against it, just scared. .. Thanks again.
    You're in a good position then, because if it is based on nothing but lack of any experience, fear is the easiest to overcome with positive experience. Take her with you to your class, just as an observer (if the administrator will allow it). Take her with you when you go to buy a gun, so she can see how harmless the whole process is when done in a safe, responsible manner. If you can afford it, buy 2 guns that day, one being your intended carrier, the other being a .22 for her to eventually "break into" the world of shooting. (when she is ready, of course.) Cornered Cat is a website geared toward women. Not necessarily toward women who are afraid of guns, but you might find some more useful advice there.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Where in MA? Use the private message function if your not comfortable posting the location.

In this case however you need to "stick to your guns"... Yea, had to go there. Shall not be infringed covers it..

Fear in most cases, is due to the underlying issue of ignorance... Education dispels ignorance and replaces it with confidence.

Kinda what Utimmer wrote.

Timmer, You must be very happy at the election results Yes?

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Timmer, You must be very happy at the election results Yes?

Peace...
    Eh, kinda. Toomey (our senate hopeful) was the reason Specter jumped parties last year, and was a shoe in to begin with. While I am glad to know that Specter is out, Sestak doesn't have the Washington D.C. baggage or the party jump that plagued Specter. I know that isn't they way we want our candidates to win, but it sure would have made me much more comfortable leading up to the general.

Other than that semi-victory, all my other picks were defeated. The one I was most excited about was Sam Rohrer, who lost by a 2:1 margin to the "establishment's" pick in the Governor race. Our Lt.Gov. pick was also the establishment candidate.

My pick for U.S. Rep. was Allen Griffith, a guy who lives right down the road from me. You may have seen him on Fox News last year during the summer break town-hall meeting with Arlen Specter. The guy who did win seems to be pretty decent, but anyone who stands in front of Arlen and tells him to "just leave us alone" has got my vote. YouTube - Allen Griffith Confronts Arlen Specter
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

So no one has mentioned the NRA and the groups for women, the Dare not to be a victim, the monthly stories of people using guns to defend self, family, and home, and make it a family day take her to the range and let her shoot a .22, once she finds out how much fun they are you will have a convert.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Sounds like some great advice from all. I can't add much to what has already been said, but here goes. Sounds like you have a perfect chance to get a new person to come over to our way of thinking, and if you can get her started off in the right direction, she may get some more of her friends converted. So good luck and don't forget the diamonds first

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast