How do I ease her mind. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do I ease her mind.

How do I ease her mind.

My gf hates guns. I live in NH and have a 3yo and a 10yo

She talks about keeping her kids safe and I say to her how with your hands?

Let's face the simple facts.

Anyone anywhere at anytime can become a victim.

If you are not armed you might end up as a dead victim.

But even if you are armed you might end up dead, but at least you have the means to fight back.

As her this

Would you rather be alive or dead?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Gary599 View Post
    Anyone anywhere at anytime can become a victim.

If you are not armed you might end up as a dead victim.

But even if you are armed you might end up dead, but at least you have the means to fight back.
    I think the whole fire extinguisher analogy could be used here.

We have fire extinguishers so that we'll have the ability to save our houses from fire. We might not always be a successful in saving the house, but everyone should have a fire extinguisher(or four) in the house.

My mother god bless her soul was going to be home alone for a spell, I was in my early 20's and was leaving for a trip, dad was away too, and I offered her my .45 for protection. Now this gal never fired a gun, but was familiar with them, never would hurt a fly, and when I offered it to her, flat out said she did not want it around. So I laid it on the TV and said here it is do what ever you want with it I will be back in a week.....
    When I returned all was well, but not seeing my Ruger asked where it was...... she went to retrieve it.... from her bedroom...from under her pillow... Yeah they want to be safe too.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    My wife and I have been married for 18 years, and back when we were dating I made it clear that I owned guns, will always own guns, and if it was going to be a problem then let me know now and I would understand. She is no major fan of guns, but she tolerates that as a part of me. For that I love her very much. Over time, she got so that she wanted to try to shoot a couple of .22"s of mine and she is a very good shot - she has excelent eyesight. She does not like to go trap or skeet because she says that shotguns are too loud for her. She has shot a few of my handguns, but I can tell that she really does not like them. I carry all the time and that does not seem to bother her. In a loving relationship things like this can be delt with, each will understand - may not like - but will understand. I sure am glad she was understanding all those years ago.
    Man, that sounds EXACTLY like my situation! My wife is not warm to the idea yet, but at least she now lets me sleep INSIDE the house. So things are progressing. LOL!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234