.40 cal ammo or whatever you use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .40 cal ammo or whatever you use.

.40 cal ammo or whatever you use.

this is mostly for anyone who shoots .40 cal, but is also for anyone who shoots. just wondering what load you use for your ccw or home defence weapon. i use 155 grain federal hst or 155g speer golddots. in the sub compact i use 165g critical defence from horandy. great load with alot of knockdown power.

so what do you use and why?? thanks all.

anyone use extream shock or powerball or blue saftey slug??? what do you think about it. i have powerball, but have not used it..... and the extream shock looks awesome.

I have not had my XDm long, so I have Fed HST 155's here just because It was what was available other than ball rounds.
    Semper Fi

Winchester Ranger

Winchester Ranger
    40 S&W 180 GR T-Series

This uses the Improved Talon bullet and corrosion resistant Nickle Silver cases.
    This round is issued to a lot of police departments.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Thanks Festus, I'll look for them Locally..
    Semper Fi

6. .40 cal federal 180 grain

anyone got a good ammo site that sells hst or ranger ammo to non leo's? i normally go to ammotogo.com, but they changed their policy to only sell hst's to ;eo's only now

I'm a fan of the lighter 155 grain or 135 grain loads in the .40 Smith & Wesson caliber.

Velocity is greater, flat flight path, more energy being dumped into target.

I currently have Corbon DPX (Barnes) 135 grain in both of my .40 Smith blasters. Solid copper composition.

That's just me.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

,40 S&W 180gr JHP Win. for my carry gun (PPS) and .45 ACP 230gr JHP Win. for home (XD). I come from the old school of using big heavy bullets.

180 grain Winchester JHP. I am from the same school Bear big rounds for self protection.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    anyone got a good ammo site that sells hst or ranger ammo to non leo's? i normally go to ammotogo.com, but they changed their policy to only sell hst's to ;eo's only now
    really? when did they change it? that's where I get my HST for all my pistols.. and I had a friend just buy some about 2 weeks ago or so.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast