Is It Worth Joining the NRA? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Worth Joining the NRA?

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Be nice...

The answer in short is, YES. It is the bigger voice that will only get louder with more support. As gun owners we are always in the fight. The deaf liberals need to hear it real loud!!! SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!

Peace...
    I thought I WAS being nice. "Shame, shame, shame" was a Gomer or Goober expression on the old Andy Griffith show. I thought I was being funny. I'm too old, I guess, cause you didin't catch on. Now, you're hurting MY feelings.

Last edited by lukem; 05-31-2010 at 01:04 PM.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I thought I WAS being nice. "Shame, shame, shame" was a Gomer or Goober expression on the old Andy Griffith show. I thought I was being funny. I'm too old, I guess, cause you didin't catch on. Now, you're hurting MY feelings.
    I remember that... I was just attempting to be more "liberal" ... I figured I'd try it on for size.

The fit was horrible, and I had this urge to take things from other people and give them to still other people. Then I had this not so bright idea to assist illegals crossing the border and get them to the registry so that they can get drivers licenses. Then... Wheew!!! Glad I stopped...

Yea Shame on him for not supporting the NRA.

OK I'm better...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. Well I remember when there were only a few CCW states although I am from a 3rd world county. I still believe the NRA plays a major roll in our gun rights. One day I'll be out of this Republic and join the rest of the country in our freedoms. Right now because of the NRA I can carry in other states. So in short HELL YES!!!! I can't imagine where we would be without them.

NY unfortunately. To be remedied when I retire.
    I usually get pretty pissy with gun owners who don't belong to the NRA. I try to stay calm and impress upon them that we members are doing all the heavy lifting for those who enjoy their rights but are not members. Out of the millions and millions (If I'm right, I think the estimate is 80 million gun owners in the US now) only 4 million or so are NRA members! Shameful.

JSDinTexas Guest
    I am a yearly member but renewed for another year recently.
    My first reason is they fight for gun rights and the 2nd Amendment
    Second, they have a good site to to keep up with gun legislation and purchase things - and a good magazine
    Third, they have a free $1000 insurance policy for guns that are stolen and this supplements my homeowners insurance.
    And 2 years is only $60 with the USACarry link. Cheaper than a lot of other memberships.

If you don't care about your right to keep and bear arms, they do put out a great magazine.

Of course, the right to keep and bear arms is what carries the most value to most of us.

There are some negative things about the NRA, but all in all, I think they add more than they subtract from the 2nd Amendment fight. I also suggest you join the GOA, and read some of their stuff about the NRA.

Far as I'm concerned, it's a win-win situation.
    -= Piece Corps =-

9. My wife and I both joined the NRA now for about 5 year now. When I order reloading supplies I always make my contributions. We live in Ga. and went to the NRA show in Charlotte NC. Here is one of my rubs with the NRA. I we went to the NRA store after see Glenn Beck and I must say, I was inspired. I was ready to drop a wad on some souvenirs, but every time I was going to buy sometime, the tag said “ MADE IN F IN CHINA”. I could not get myself to buy anything. Most item were made in CHINA. I would think that if the cause was truly sincere and not about the money that the purchasing agent would purchase AMERICAN goods and support AMERICA. I not a fan of any type of Lobby. Money will always corrupt. I wonder what type of corruption might be going on. NRA is always begging for money in one way or other, emails in the mail. Lobbies are almost as bad as Unions. The only long term solution that I see for preserving our constitution is term limits or just vote out the incumbents each election cycle. Ted Kennedy, Chuck U Shumer ect. Life long maggots sucking our tax dollar what were those people thinking.

Lots of other organizations, and many individuals bash the NRA, but try this...

.. call any member of Congress, and ask "who leads the pro-gun lobby?"

I'll give you a dollar for every answer that is something other than "the NRA".
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

I think everyone has hit the nail on the head. Bottom line that everyone has said is if you own firearms and want to keep them then join! They have benefits for the members but none can compare to the benefit of having a strong lobbying voice in Washington. I've been a life member since the early 80's and I really struggled back then to make the $25 per quarter payments. $300 was a lot of money back then. Since then I've supported the NRA and now I'm a Patron member. It's money well spent!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast