Is It Worth Joining the NRA? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Is It Worth Joining the NRA?

Way to go, Midnight!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Good choice... Welcome to the NRA brotherhood.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    Thr Duke says it all/ Without the NRA you wouldn't be on this forum asking the question.Please research your subject before exhibiting your ignorance,
    The person who posted was just asking a simple question, that needed a only simple answer. A simple answer like most of the people with respectable and mature attitudes have provided without your childish input. Also, research the subject of English please. Definitely do so before exhibiting your piss poor lack of punctuation and general sentence structure. That way, if you're going to be an arrogant *******, you can at least do it with proper grammar.

I hope this does not become buried, Yes, not only for the good it does with training and laws, you are able to insure all of your guns with riders, life insurance, and other bennies. A lot of sites, Dillon's Blue Press, this site and others contribute up to $10.00 for a membership. When I order components they ask if I would like to round the amount off I try to put at least five in. I also like JPFO.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

I've been a life member for 34 yrs
    NRA RSO
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Refuse to be a Victim Instructor

How many Left winged- liberal- so called progressive groups and lobbying organizations are there.
    How many right winged and by right winged I mean Adhere and protect the Constitution groups are there.
    But to answer your question. The left winged anti constitution groups fear the NRA more than anything. So for that reason alone. JOIN.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

I've wondered about joining the NRA and have heard mixed feelings from others. As someone who grew up in Canada and wasn't around guns, this is all still somewhat new to me. I'm now a citizen and have my concealed carry permit, but that's about it so far. There could be benefits to keeping your name off of public lists/memberships, especially if you are as paranoid as my neighbor. There can also be a lot said about supporting a group like the NRA that fights for the right of citizens based on the constitution. Any suggestions for a rookie?

Here's a link that shows you who leads the pro-gun effort, and to what extent.

Gun Rights | OpenSecrets
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Here's a link that shows you who leads the pro-gun effort, and to what extent.

Gun Rights | OpenSecrets
    I have neither the time nor inclination to pick apart every graph at that link, but I certainly could if I wanted to.

I'll limit my comment to the following: Money is one way to measure influence and participation in a given issue. It is not the only way, however. Only two Supreme Court rulings in the history of the nation were directly addressing the meaning(s) of the 2nd Amendment; Heller (2008) and McDonald (2010). Both of them were narrowly-focused, limited wins for the 2nd Amendment, and both of them were argued successfully by a Second Amendment Foundation team of lawyers, led by Alan Gura, not by an N R A lawyer. Oddly enough, nowhere in the above link is the SAF or Alan Gura even mentioned, yet the expansion and inclusion of 2A rights across the country is due in part to the SAF's efforts.

Bottom line: Raw numbers of dollars only tell part of the story. Those newcomers to the struggle to restore and/or adhere to more or less original precepts of the 2nd Amendment should do extensive research into who spends their donations the most wisely and the most productively. For many, the N R A is that .org. For others, not so much. For me, I get more bang for my buck(s) with .orgs other than the N R A.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

11. Wow, haven't seen this thread in about three years. Nice to see an e-mail notification about it. I've been an NRA member for about three years now. I really like the magazine :)
    REPEAL THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL NATIONAL FIREARMS AND GUN CONTROL ACTS

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast