Federal Hydra-Shock Ammo - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Federal Hydra-Shock Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    From everything I've seen, the intent of the hydra-shock was penetration. They were meant to shoot through car doors and windshields.
    Not sure about that, but the idea of the post was to keep it from opening up until it got through heavy clothing.

3. I believe the post in the middle is supposed to help keep the bullet more uniform when it expands.
    (Taken from Federal's Website)
    "The choice of law enforcement agencies nationwide, Federal's unique center-post design delivers controlled expansion and the notched jacket provides efficient energy transfer to penetrate barriers while retaining stopping power. The deep penetration of this jacketed bullet satisfies even the FBI's stringent testing requirements."

I like Cor-Bon but I carry Hydra-Shock because of my companies requirements.

Winchester perfected the Hollow Point bullet with the release of their Black talon round which has been discontinued, their updated version of this round is called the Winchester Ranger or SXT, in my opinion this round is far superior to anything else on the market.
    +1!

When you look into the money that has been spent by Winchester to develop a projectile, and it is lots! Sticking with 127g +P+ for the last several years, gives me lots of confidence it should work, placing it in multiples, in the best location I can reach, in the circumstances presented at the time.

Having said that! The minute you fire a pistol in a SD situation, there are risks of bullets hitting other than what you hit, or intended to hit. This is a risk you have to be willing to take, and your own Family location, in your own home has to be the over riding consideration.

My Wife and I live in our house alone, I am familiar with the inner and outer construction, we are on the second floor at night, anyone in our home uninvited, as in a break in/home invasion, is fair game.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567