1 million fps

Thread: 1 million fps

1 million fps

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

wolfhunter Guest
    Interesting Slo-Mo video. Impacts create some cool splash patterns.

Cool Beans!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Neat watching the Hollow Point open up like a flower and twist its way through the gel.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

If I remember correctly this video was produced more to show off the camera than the bullets. However I think than in the next few years with the aid of thechnology such as this we are going to see some very radical designs of bullets that will make the feared "Black Talons" look like wimps. I know about the black talons so don't start. Until now bullet design was more of a trial and error deal but now we can see what is actually happening with the explosion of the gunpowder, the flight of the bullet and the impact. Things we could only imagine before. Somebody is going to put is all together and it may be either too expensive for the aerage shooter or restricted by law to only certain uses (Military and LEO) but it will be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    If I remember correctly this video was produced more to show off the camera than the bullets. However I think than in the next few years with the aid of thechnology such as this we are going to see some very radical designs of bullets that will make the feared "Black Talons" look like wimps. I know about the black talons so don't start. Until now bullet design was more of a trial and error deal but now we can see what is actually happening with the explosion of the gunpowder, the flight of the bullet and the impact. Things we could only imagine before. Somebody is going to put is all together and it may be either too expensive for the aerage shooter or restricted by law to only certain uses (Military and LEO) but it will be scary.
    Bingo! These are the days of miracle and wonder...

The future will be not only stranger than we imagine, but stranger than we can imagine!
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I think than in the next few years with the aid of thechnology such as this we are going to see some very radical designs of bullets that will make the feared "Black Talons" look like wimps. I know about the black talons so don't start. .
    I still have 4 boxes of Black Talons, 3 boxes of 40 S&W, and 1 box of 9 mm.

Our CCW training instructor said he strongly recommends that they NOT be used for self defense rounds, as their reputation would be used against you by a prosecutor, or a personal injusry attorney.

But they're too damn expensive to use for target practice. I guess I'll just keep them as collector's items.

I definitely would not use them for every day carry as any prosecutor would eat any defense you had alive as much as he would still be wrong. Have you thought about selling them? I had a dealer at a gun show trying to sell me some at a highly inflated price. They make great collectors items.