Hoarding AMMO - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoarding AMMO

handgonnetoter Guest
    I find that I tend to buy more ammo than I shoot, especially in rimfire. I shoot more of that than anything else. I also rotate out stock by writing on each box the month and year I bought it. I probably don't keep as much hand gun ammo in stock than I should (about 500 or so rounds for each caliber), but I do keep a better stock of rifle ammo. Its a hobby for me.

I don't hoard ammo...and, for anyone tracking my purchases, I just shoot a lot...

Same with guns...I may have bought a lot, but I am careless and have lost most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    I don't hoard ammo...and, for anyone tracking my purchases, I just shoot a lot...

Same with guns...I may have bought a lot, but I am careless and have lost most of them.

Sounds like an exact quote from me earlier in the week

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    Sounds like an exact quote from me earlier in the week
    Something about the Northwestern air....we lose stuff.

6. I'm thinking of starting to hoard a little myself. Thanks for the MAC Ammo link. I thought it was a cool idea. Why is everyone bitchin' about a few extra dollars when they can get what they want online? I just don't get it. Online ammo always costs a little more and it's more likely they will have the stuff in stock before the bricks and mortar stores. I hate Walmart and Cabellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickwilly View Post
    I'm thinking of starting to hoard a little myself. Thanks for the MAC Ammo link. I thought it was a cool idea. Why is everyone bitchin' about a few extra dollars when they can get what they want online? I just don't get it. Online ammo always costs a little more and it's more likely they will have the stuff in stock before the bricks and mortar stores. I hate Walmart and Cabellas.
    Just made a substantial purchase last week and found the best prices at the time on Ammoman.com and Luckygunner.com

Did order the 9mm at Cabela's though..had the best price at the time, and free shipping to the store

Quote Originally Posted by Slickwilly View Post
    I'm thinking of starting to hoard a little myself. Thanks for the MAC Ammo link. I thought it was a cool idea. Why is everyone bitchin' about a few extra dollars when they can get what they want online? I just don't get it. Online ammo always costs a little more and it's more likely they will have the stuff in stock before the bricks and mortar stores. I hate Walmart and Cabellas.
    I've ordered a lot of ammo on line and will order more. I can find not-green ammo quite a bit cheaper. I'd rather buy more and shoot more than spend more.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Cool I get what you are saying, BUT.....

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Is there a reason you're linking to a vendor of supposedly GREEN ammunition? It is much too expensive for my budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I've ordered a lot of ammo on line and will order more. I can find not-green ammo quite a bit cheaper. I'd rather buy more and shoot more than spend more.
    The deadly effects of lead vapor poisoning are well established and documented. When I worked for a jeweler, we actually stopped performing repairs on items that had been manufactured or repaired with lead solder. It is really nasty stuff. I try to find lead free ammo if I am going to be shooting indoors.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    The deadly effects of lead vapor poisoning are well established and documented. When I worked for a jeweler, we actually stopped performing repairs on items that had been manufactured or repaired with lead solder. It is really nasty stuff. I try to find lead free ammo if I am going to be shooting indoors.
    Indoors. Okay, the extra expense is justified for that. I don't shoot at indoor ranges unless I've got a good reason; the range cost cuts into my ammo money.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I've been doing the box of ammo on payday for a long time now. I have a bunch!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast