Hoarding AMMO - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: Hoarding AMMO

  1. #21
    I am not a hoarder. I am just a compulsive buyer. I have an addiction to ammo and I need to feed my addiction.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Exactly. Hoarding is a term that the elitists tag anyone with that are smart enough to plan ahead and do a little preparing. They don't like prepared people. They like those that depend on Big Brother to provide their every need.
    exactly.. how else could they control your every move?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Central N.Car.
    Posts
    534
    Used to have a wee little stack of cases but since the tragic boat wreck and subsequent loss of firearms to the depths I had no need and disposed of them. Still miss glazing fondly at the neatly stacked boxes.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Used to have a wee little stack of cases but since the tragic boat wreck and subsequent loss of firearms to the depths I had no need and disposed of them. Still miss glazing fondly at the neatly stacked boxes.
    I hate it when that happens.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. #25
    So when "collecting" large amounts of ammo is there room for reloads?

    I don't mean the packaged ones some (not me) would be willing to buy at the local gun shop. I mean ones that I have loaded personally. I got into hand loading because the 10mm is just too expensive to shoot if you have to buy ammo at whatever place you can find that carries 10mm. Additionally, I hand load subsonic rounds for my 9mm as well as pretty standard .45ACP load for the 1911. If you shoot a lot like I do then it's way cheaper and more customizable.

    I've kept load counts on all my brass so I'm not worried about casing failures that could cause potential problems and I've worked out all the bugs as far as overall lengths, charges for a given caliber, and seating depths. Plainly put, I know all the stuff I reload will cycle reliably and none of it will cause any problems typically associated with reloads.

    Would this be acceptable for "collection"?
    There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." - C. S. Lewis

  7. #26
    wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 91JEEPYJ View Post
    So when "collecting" large amounts of ammo is there room for reloads?

    I don't mean the packaged ones some (not me) would be willing to buy at the local gun shop. I mean ones that I have loaded personally. I got into hand loading because the 10mm is just too expensive to shoot if you have to buy ammo at whatever place you can find that carries 10mm. Additionally, I hand load subsonic rounds for my 9mm as well as pretty standard .45ACP load for the 1911. If you shoot a lot like I do then it's way cheaper and more customizable.

    I've kept load counts on all my brass so I'm not worried about casing failures that could cause potential problems and I've worked out all the bugs as far as overall lengths, charges for a given caliber, and seating depths. Plainly put, I know all the stuff I reload will cycle reliably and none of it will cause any problems typically associated with reloads.

    Would this be acceptable for "collection"?
    Definitely.Especially if you trust your reloads as much as your nest-to-last sentence implies.

  8. #27
    Just went to Walmart today and picked up 12 boxes of Federal 9mm for $9.47 ea. and 6 boxes of Federal 22lr. in the 550 pack for 18.49. I know nobody like's Walmart, but with prices like this...

  9. Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    Just went to Walmart today and picked up 12 boxes of Federal 9mm for $9.47 ea. and 6 boxes of Federal 22lr. in the 550 pack for 18.49. I know nobody like's Walmart, but with prices like this...
    Nobody likes Walmart, but when a brick of .22lr was $40 at the gun shop and still $18.49 at Walmart, what can you expect? Several gun shops around here only had stock on hand because they had prices almost nobody was willing to pay.

  10. #29
    A good friend of mine works for the Walmart down the road, and he told me that Walmart has "Deals" with all the major ammunition manufacturer's who they buy from in HUGH QUANTITIES and that is why they can hold the price down. This guy is mid sixties retired engineer and as much as a gun freak as me, so I take him at his word on this. He always calls me when the Ammo truck "as they call it" comes in to see if I need anything. Like I said he's a good friend.

  11. How can you not like wallmart they are the largest non F...in union corporation in the world, that still beleives in the free market.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. More ammo showing up in some areas, not so much in others
    By HK4U in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 02:42 PM
  2. Are you licensed to reload that ammo?
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 08:12 PM
  3. Sales of guns, ammo still high
    By festus in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 01:42 PM
  4. Shooting with open boxes, buckets of ammo
    By Bohemian in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 07:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast