Hoarding AMMO - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hoarding AMMO

"Hoarding" implies that you are storing up things you don't really need. In my case, I consider that I NEED all the ammo I can store up. I'm not buying anything I don't intend on using. Last time I went shooting, I went through almost 500 rounds of .40 S&W and 2oo rounds of 9MM. And that's just target shooting.

Imagine how much ammo I'll need if the SHTF! And once I get my AK, I'll need even more. I think that having around 5000 rounds of every caliber you own is pretty close to sufficient.
    -= Piece Corps =-

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    "Hoarding" implies that you are storing up things you don't really need. In my case, I consider that I NEED all the ammo I can store up. I'm not buying anything I don't intend on using. Last time I went shooting, I went through almost 500 rounds of .40 S&W and 2oo rounds of 9MM. And that's just target shooting.

Imagine how much ammo I'll need if the SHTF! And once I get my AK, I'll need even more. I think that having around 5000 rounds of every caliber you own is pretty close to sufficient.
    If you have one weapon in a given caliber, your ammo need will be lower than if you have multiple guns in the same caliber.

5000 rounds may be a lot of ammo for one 1911, but 5000 rounds divided by three shooters all using 1911s may leave you short.

I'll qualify that - around 5000 rounds for every weapon you own. If you have 5 weapons, that would be about 25K rounds. I know that sounds like a lot, but if the SHTF, what you have might very well be all you're gonna get.

I won't say how much ammo I actually have, but if my house ever catches on fire, I'm leaving town!
    -= Piece Corps =-

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    I'll qualify that - around 5000 rounds for every weapon you own. If you have 5 weapons, that would be about 25K rounds. I know that sounds like a lot, but if the SHTF, what you have might very well be all you're gonna get.

I won't say how much ammo I actually have, but if my house ever catches on fire, I'm leaving town!
    Do I live far enough away?

My "in the house defense load" is a Hydra-Shok 38 +P in my J frame. For my immediate yard, a 870 with deer slugs, for my fields, M1A Super Match setup as a M21 Sniper rifle with a lazer and very low light ART scope.
    Katie uses an L Frame and her 16 gauge. She has her own supply of ammo hoarded away some where in her sewing room.

If I run out of ammo, it's because the city of Cleveland tried to invade my home.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

Wolfhunter,

You probably don't live far enough away.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miestrojerry View Post
    Wolfhunter,

You probably don't live far enough away.

Jerry
    Piece Corps, YOU are hoarding. A >6 hour safe zone should be sufficient for anyone's personal ammo supply!

I buy 200 rounds of 9mm ammo every pay period, and 22 ammo (CCI cause my first gun was a Walther P22) when I can find it at Walmart

Start reloading, casting your own lead, and scrounging components. When you get "enough" let me know how you did it--LOL.

11. Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    I don't hoard ammo...and, for anyone tracking my purchases, I just shoot a lot...

Same with guns...I may have bought a lot, but I am careless and have lost most of them.

I love your post .We are in America ! I don't fear person with their personal protection . It's only your business .God Bless !

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast