Hoarding AMMO - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hoarding AMMO

wolfhunter Guest
    I don't own guns. I own brass unloading tools. I collect brass.

I have a couple of friends who joke that IF the SHTF they are coming out to my house (due to the quantity of firearms and ammo), as I can equip a small army. I tell them that if I had any ideas (or plans) on creating an Armory for a small army I would have kept the weapons (and ammo) down to only 2 or 3 calibers, not the ridiculous ammount that I have acquired. Not due to hoarding, but because I used to fire (along with my dad) 300 -400 rounds a weekend (each). When he passed away, I inherrited all of his that he had "acquired" also.

I figure that I can take on a rifle platoon, but to gauge how much ammo you have you should figure out how long you can supply a minigun. So figure 3,000 rounds a minute with a standard M134D. Currently I have enough milspec 762 NATO to run a minigun for 37 seconds.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

5. "HOARDING" is an anti-gun slant democrat word. Republicans call it a "tactical reserve."

MJerry said: "So what are we talking about in numbers? A few boxes or a 40m/m can full?" LOL, 37 seconds can bw a long long itime when stretched out.

I am currently up to 1 minutes and 23 seconds of ammo with a Dillon minigun, give or take. but much of that will be shoot on the range this sumer with my M1As.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

Not due to "paranoia", but more to "common sense", tells me that the "Gov" was drooling as they copied down the info that has been placed on this thread. More than likely not for individual targeting (that's paranoia), but for information gathering to be used at later dates. That being said, if one truley enjoys shooting (target, plinking, training scenarios, whatever), having a large quantity of ammo is in reality, transitional, as ammo is constantly being consumed (fired) to "scratch" an itch that almost all shooters enjoy, and being replaced by new purchaces. Lately, with ammo being as difficult to find as it has, the logical next step would be to buy large quantities (if and when it could be found) of whatever caliber(s) were needed.
    Okay, all that being said, and since I have not yet started to reload my own ammo (which I know that I should); I have a question for everyone / anyone who might have knowledge of "Manufactured Ammo". I have noticed that a lot of "Store-Bought" ammo lately has "Red Dyed" Primers in them. Is this just a particular Primer Manufacturer's "visual" aid, to advertise that manufacturer?, Is it the Bullet manufacturer doing it for some safety purpose? Is it a new "Aid" to further the life of the ammo? Or what? Has anyone seen these bullets? Some would have to, if buying as much ammo as is being stated. Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by miestrojerry View Post
    I figure that I can take on a rifle platoon, but to gauge how much ammo you have you should figure out how long you can supply a minigun. So figure 3,000 rounds a minute with a standard M134D. Currently I have enough milspec 762 NATO to run a minigun for 37 seconds.

Jerry
    So, If I figured that right were looking at 1,850 rounds.

Compulsive hoarding (or pathological hoarding or disposophobia)[1] is the excessive acquisition of possessions (and failure to use or discard them), even if the items are worthless, hazardous, or unsanitary. Compulsive hoarding impairs mobility and interferes with basic activities, including cooking, cleaning, showering, and sleeping. A person who engages in compulsive hoarding is commonly said to be a "pack rat", in reference to that animal's characteristic hoarding.

If you fall into the above OK, your choice. I prefer to acquire consumables that will augment my ability to defend myself and Family. Not even sure what constitutes a quantitative value to be considered a hoarder.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

It's not "storing" or "stockpiling" or "hoarding". We are not "hoarders".

It's "provisioning". It's "reserving". It's a "well-kept pantry".

And if randomly digging on a person's back yard without a map but with a backhoe is unwise, well, then, it's unwise.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast