.327 Magnum?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .327 Magnum?

.327 Magnum?

anybody know about this?

It's new to me. Here is an interesting article about it if you haven't read it yet. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammunition/st327_110707/
    Last edited by DrDavidM; 01-27-2008 at 05:30 PM.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Intersting to say the least. Sounds like a small block chevy.

May have to put that one on my wish list, my next gun will be a XD-45.

Actually it call the 327 Federal Magnum and it was created for the Ruger SP01. I tried to get a pic of the revolver but the Ruger site is down. Gun Blast did get their hand on one and it looks like a good round. http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SP101-327.htm
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I think the Ruger SP101 .327 Magnum will be a hot seller. It's closer to the power of a .357 mag than a .38 special, and the cylinder holds 6 rounds instead of 5 for the .357/.38. The SP101 has a huge fan base. I own the .357 version and I know several people who own more than one.

8. I think about the only thing I have against it is will this caliber stand the test of time? Will the ammo for it still be on the market 20 years from now? That is the only concern I would have. Of course if I was more into reloading then it would not be a concern.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

It's brand new. Here's a little info on it:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/327_federal.htm

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    I think about the only thing I have against it is will this caliber stand the test of time? Will the ammo for it still be on the market 20 years from now? That is the only concern I would have. Of course if I was more into reloading then it would not be a concern.
    The gun will also shoot all the .32 cal ammo so if the .327 ammo went out of style you could still use it with all the rest of availiable ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    I think about the only thing I have against it is will this caliber stand the test of time? Will the ammo for it still be on the market 20 years from now? That is the only concern I would have. Of course if I was more into reloading then it would not be a concern.
    Yep, or will it be another Bren 10.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast