Help please!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please!

Angry Help please!

I just added a new gun to my collection. A Springfield 1911A1 "Loaded". I cant seem to field strip my pistol. I got the slide off but i cant seem to do anything with my guide rod so i cant move my barrel bushing to extract my barrel and guide rod. Oh its a full length guide rod.
    " I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom"

~Abraham Lincoln~

I would rather die a soldier than die a coward.

Put it back together and make sure to follow the directions. Get back to us

I have. The directions in the owners manual is clear as mud.
    " I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom"

~Abraham Lincoln~

If bought from store take if back.if not try a little oil and lite tap with wood or plastic. or just go shoot it to loosen it up.

Thanks. Will try.

~Abraham Lincoln~

CS make sure you have the bushing turned the right way.It should be simple so don't force it.

help

Quote Originally Posted by Cav_Scout View Post
    Thanks. Will try.
    i wouldn't go shoot it just yet till you get it the way it should be. i have the same weapon except a 2 piece guid rod. if you want to im me or call me i'll talk you through it.
    " GRIZ "
    CCW
    NRA LIFE
    GOA
    Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked:

'What do you feel when you shoot a Terrorist?'

The Marine shrugged and replied,

'A slight recoil.'

Danny P. (Dan) Creed

This may sound nutty, but there are a couple of really good videos on YouTube that show the disassembly and reassembly of the 1911. A big help to a new owner (like me).

Here's a link to YouTube for Springfield disassembly:

Springfield 1911 disassembly

A couple of them are well done. HTH.

11. Don't leave us hanging.We would like to know how it turned out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast