Wolf Primers

Thread: Wolf Primers

1. Wolf Primers

I figured out the problem ladies and gentlemen. I have tried seating the primers softly, hard, sideways, upside down etc. every third or so small pistol primer would require 2 or so strikes to ignite. This was consistent among the 4 hundred rounds that I loaded. I just could not figure out the problem. well... I went to the gun shop and picked up a box of CCI primers just to see. Every single one fires flawlessly. I dont neccesarilly want to bad mouth wolf primers, but...
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

My suspicion is that the ones seated sideways were giving you the most trouble.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

4. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    What caliber and gun??
    Initially I used my Beretta 92FS. Then thinking that perhapps it could be something to do with the firing pin spring, I tried about a hundred in my S&W MP9c. Same results.
    Retired US Army Medic
    www.nationofshooters.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    My suspicion is that the ones seated sideways were giving you the most trouble.
    Oh man! You have no idea! the ones seated sideways were the worst. It sounds like you have experience with this type of primer?
    Retired US Army Medic
    www.nationofshooters.com

6. Wolf Primers

I had a similar problem and found that the primer pocket was not cleaned out as well as it should be. I started using a bristle brush on my dremel, turn the case upside down in the round holder (for a lack of a better word) and did a quick clean on the cases. No more problems after that.